Iowa at Rutgers Game Thread

ClintonIAfan

Tip off is at 6:00 PM today (2-21). The team is already in position to get into the ncaa tournament, now they are playing to improve their seeding. It’s good to get the 6th seed or better to avoid a 1 or 2 in the second round. There is also a chance to get home court advantage.

With Indiana beating Minnesota if we can win out we are looking at finishing 4th. in the B1G and a double bye for the tourney. Absolutely need to beat Rutgers tonight! Rutgers uses a 55 defense which is a full court press and we usually don't do very well against a pressing team. Hopefully the Hawks have worked on that a lot! Will be watching and Go Hawks!

Records will be broken today ( thanks Lisa ) at Rutgers. Megan only needs 2 points to overtake Cindy Haugejorde's single season scoring record of 672 points. Megan currently has 671. Megan needs 29 points to be the first Hawkeye women's player to reach the 700 point club in a single season.Megan currently has 909 career rebounds and needs only 2 rebounds to move past Kachine Alexander for third place all time. Samatha Logic sits in second place with 922 so Megan is climbing the rebound leader chart fast!

Wow guys, wasn’t aware we played Rutgers tonight. I could’ve sworn it was at Minnesota with an 8:00 tip. But alas, it must be true.

Gonna be a great game. Watch for Bohannon to keep climbing the 3 PT ladder and keep draining those FTs.

Definitely a must win here against the Scarlet Knights, @ClintonIAfan has predicted the W so darn it I’m going with that. Whatever happens we need Cook and the boys to have the defensive performances of their lives tonight. I definitely don’t want to see Fran flipping his lid on TV again.

Go Hawks!!!

Latest posts