Interesting take on the new playoff system

Wetzel is so full of cynicism, he overflows with it.
He cannot even get the fact right here.
He hates the Big Ten so he makes up lies about the SEC wanting to play playoff games on home campuses and the Big Ten being against it,when the exact opposite is the truth. Delany and Scott forwarded the plan to play games on campus,and the SEC and Big 12 shot it down immediately.

Wetzel paints with the broadest of brushes. He takes the crap academics of his beloved SEC and assumes all conferences are so lacking in academic commitment...and condemns them all. He should go talk to Steve Bigach,Iowa's d-tackle who is studying this summer for his MCAT tests as he prepares for medical school. He got advice from former Iowa offensive lineman Andy Lightfoot who is in his last year of residency in med school. Wetzel can go f himself.
He gushes about the NFL,and how college should mirror the NFL,and are leaving so much money on the table and then hammers them for greed and corruption.

He simply does not get college football. He should stick to the NFL. He scoffs at college football traditions,which shows his ignorance. He will not be satisfied until he has killed off college football's popularity...and made it totally corporate...separated from schools totally,just semi-pro type Barnstormer franchises...finally his dream come true. He is an arse.

Chris Huston (@HeismanPundit) ripped this article to shreds last night via Twitter. It was awesome. I agree with the above sentiments-Wetzel is a hack.

I too have grown tired of Wetzel on this topic and it's also a bit embarrassing watching all of the RT hero worship

Who or what is RT, JD?

Sorry, a twitter abbreviation. It means ReTweet...which means you tweet out what someone posted or wrote to your followers, usually an 'endorsement'

I saw so many folks bowing to Wetzel's Death to BCS column last night and after reading it, it was so very full of Wetzel...which is of course what columns are, and I know that I do it too and others RT my stuff.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you agree with the stuff. So to be tired of it, etc, just means you don't agree ;)

Sorry, a twitter abbreviation. It means ReTweet...which means you tweet out what someone posted or wrote to your followers, usually an 'endorsement'

I saw so many folks bowing to Wetzel's Death to BCS column last night and after reading it, it was so very full of Wetzel...which is of course what columns are, and I know that I do it too and others RT my stuff.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you agree with the stuff. So to be tired of it, etc, just means you don't agree ;)

Got it. Teh twitterverse ain't my thang. And neither is this Wetzel character.

Got it. Teh twitterverse ain't my thang. And neither is this Wetzel character.

I think Wetzel is a very good writer..his stuff on the Sandusky trials was top shelf. He just comes from the playoff side with his own unique take, and has written a popular book on it. I dont argue some of his conclusions but don't agree with all of his premises.

Latest posts