Interesting story on OTL this morning

Come on. That's ridiculous. Birther-type stuff there.

Bober, Deeb and other supporters also believe a reason behind dropping the football program comes from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, home to the Cornhuskers, who might see a Division I football team in Omaha as a threat to its successful walk-on program. Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said that isn't true, and chancellor Harvey Perlman said he heard of UNO's Division I plans only about a week before they were finalized.

"Because of the potential powerhouse that Nebraska-Omaha could have built, I think that was intimidating to the powers that be at Lincoln. And I think there might be some other scenarios," Deeb said. "One of my first thoughts was, you know, Trev Alberts is in line for Tom Osborne's job. Or it's going to look a heck of a lot better coming from … a complete, full Division I school on your resume than it is coming from a Division II school with Division I hockey."

Realize that they put forth absolutely no evidence that UNL had anything to do with UNO dropping these sports. Crackpots.

The Nebraska Board of Regents were not going to allow another D1 program within the state. Can't be diluting those Huskers, you know.

Latest posts