Interesting new 10 ten list of college coaches.

Cory

Is someone missing?

1. Urban Meyer, Ohio State. This one comes with an asterisk. If the Buckeyes are getting the Urb of old—with fire in his belly and ice in his veins—championships will follow. If Ohio State is getting the Urb that walked away (and that’s putting it nicely) from Florida with a $1 million gift of gratitude and left the program—in his words—“broken,†well, I think we can all see where this is going.
2. Nick Saban, Alabama. The man with the process. He has a chance to be the first coach to
win
three BCS national championships. He is among the top three recruiters in college football, but an overlooked quality is that he knows how to choose and develop assistant coaches.

70780-330-0.jpg
Oklahoma's Bob Stoops has won at least 10 games in five of the last six seasons, and 10 of 13 overall. (AP Photo)

3. Gary Patterson, TCU. He built TCU into a non-BCS monster,
winning
conference championships and breaking through the BCS bowl barrier by winning the 2011 Rose Bowl. He has won 109 games in 11 seasons but will be challenged with TCU’s move to the Big 12.

4. Chris Petersen, Boise State. A game tape addict who has become the most sought-after coach in the game, Petersen has two unbeaten seasons in his six at Boise State. His overall record is 73-6—with the last four of those losses by a combined eight points. He is a handful of plays—plays that should’ve been made—from having just two losses in six seasons. Unreal.
5. Les Miles, LSU. He didn’t get enough credit for the Oklahoma State turnaround in the early 2000s, and he didn’t get credit for winning the national title in 2007 (with “Nick Saban’s playersâ€). What will critics say after he wins it all in January? After he wins his 76th game in seven seasons in college football’s toughest conference?
6. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma. Don’t judge Stoops on that blowout loss to Oklahoma State. Look at his track record. He wins championships, recruits well and takes decisive action with malcontents. What more is there?
7. Chip Kelly, Oregon. The Willie Lyles stink is worse than it looks—but that’s the only blemish on Kelly’s impressive three-year run (Rose Bowl, BCS runner-up, Rose Bowl). No one else has been closer to beating the SEC in the BCS National Championship Game, and Kelly has won 25 of 27 conference games.
8. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern. Think of the inherent difficulties of coaching Northwestern, then look at his results (40-35). There’s a reason Notre Dame and Michigan took runs at him.
9. Bobby Petrino, Arkansas. He may have been a coaching nomad early in his career, but you can’t argue with the results. In eight seasons at Louisville and Arkansas, he has won 74 games and reached BCS bowls for the first time at each school. He’s also the best play-caller in the game.
10. Bret Bielema, Wisconsin. He has won at least 11 games in three of his six seasons in Madison, and he is 60-18 with two conference (one outright) championships

I can't believe Paul Roads didn't make this list. They must realize how pwoud he is.

Why isn't KF on the list? He's Top 10 in pay and invented the 2 minute take a knee offense.

Is someone missing? Nope.

You could make an arguement for Bill Snyder...he had K State back in the Top 10 again. And if Michigan continues...Brady Hoke might justify a mention.

But nobody else.

I bet you used this as material to help you add to your "happy rag" in your basement, didn't you.

I am not sure where the OP posted anything negative. KF is one of the highest paid and most well respected coaches in college football, and typically in the discussion when it comes top coaches. I would say it is a glaring omission. Maybe you should move out of your parents basement before you throw stones at other posters.

I am not sure where the OP posted anything negative. KF is one of the highest paid and most well respected coaches in college football, and typically in the discussion when it comes top coaches. I would say it is a glaring omission. Maybe you should move out of your parents basement before you throw stones at other posters.

Well since almost every post like this is meant as a backhanded shot at KF, I figured this was another one of those. If it's not, I'm sorry. Guess I get a little tired of the non-stop negative posting regarding the staff.

What a terrible list. Saban behind Urb? Urb ran to the B1G to get away from Saban.
Also, still don't understand the love for Fitz. His teams are not consistant, and he still can't win a bowl game. In fact, jNW seems like about the exact same program that he inherited from Walker.

Well since almost every post like this is meant as a backhanded shot at KF, I figured this was another one of those. If it's not, I'm sorry. Guess I get a little tired of the non-stop negative posting regarding the staff.

TCH, I posted this to start a conversation and nothing more. I knew there would be some KF hate along with some PR smack. I heard both and some tough talk from a computer tough guy in the Twin Cities. You are the exact reason people hate free boards. Tool defined!

Where is Rhoads? I thought ISU was BCS title game bound next year because of their 6-7 record this year and the Sagarin rankings.

What a terrible list. Saban behind Urb? Urb ran to the B1G to get away from Saban.
Also, still don't understand the love for Fitz. His teams are not consistant, and he still can't win a bowl game. In fact, jNW seems like about the exact same program that he inherited from Walker.

??

Meyer has an 11 percent better winning percentage

Meyer is 7-1 in bowl games to Saban's 6-6

If I remember correct Meyer beat Saban just as much @ Florida

Interesting that once kf would have been on this list and now might not make the thirty. That is what is intresting

Latest posts