Indiana Start Time?

HAWKEYES6

I have not seen a start time for Indiana? I thought is was posted on the Monday two weeks before the game. Has anyone seen this yet?

ABC holding off on their decision so wont know for sure til next Monday. Pretty safe guess that it will be a 12 00 ET game but... who knows.

ABC holding off on their decision so wont know for sure til next Monday. Pretty safe guess that it will be a 12 00 ET game but... who knows.

I thought it had to be announced within 10 days from the date of the game, if they wait until Monday that would be 5 days.

Also I'm not sure ABC is holding off, they have announced the ISU/Nebraska game the same day is 2:30 on ABC for regional coverage.

Last edited:
yesterday people were tweeting that ABC was going to pick from like 5 games for the 3:30 et. slot and the others would be noon. IU-Iowa was one of the possibilities. They said they would decide after this weekend's games.

I have one ticket for sale if anyone is interested. 50 yd line 20 rows up. Shoot me a pm

ESPN/ABC has a contractual clause saying they have the ability to see how the week's games play out before choosing air time for the week after's. This is because there are a lot of games played this weekend that have major implications on high ranked teams and if some go down, they don't want to waste air time on a #15 vs #21 if they can get a #3 vs #8 out of it instead. They have 6 days before kickoff to annouce (Monday at 11am cst) but I doubt they will wait until Monday to announce. Probably saturday evening.

Addressed in the ESPN CF Blog...

Steve from Belmont, Mich., writes: I was wondering why game times and TV haven't been announced for the games on Nov. 6th. Is there an 'official' reason?

Adam Rittenberg: Yep, there is. ABC/ESPN exercised its six-day selection right for the games of Nov. 6. This allows the networks to wait until after this week's games are complete before making its selection for the 3:30 p.m. ET telecast on Nov. 6. After this selection is made, ESPN and the Big Ten Network will select the remaining four games, all of which will kick off at noon ET. So hang tight until after Saturday's games. The selections must be made before Monday.

Addressed in the ESPN CF Blog...

Steve from Belmont, Mich., writes: I was wondering why game times and TV haven't been announced for the games on Nov. 6th. Is there an 'official' reason?

Adam Rittenberg: Yep, there is. ABC/ESPN exercised its six-day selection right for the games of Nov. 6. This allows the networks to wait until after this week's games are complete before making its selection for the 3:30 p.m. ET telecast on Nov. 6. After this selection is made, ESPN and the Big Ten Network will select the remaining four games, all of which will kick off at noon ET. So hang tight until after Saturday's games. The selections must be made before Monday.

Didn't I just say that? ;)

This "12 Day Rule, unless they decide it to be a 6 Day Rule", can really wreak havoc on hosting schools. Let's say you have another activity at home scheduled for the same day, Volleyball for example, do you go ahead and schedule the VB match at a set time and live with the chance no one shows up for your event. I know VB at Iowa may not draw the crowds, but if you want to grow your sport, you need to have as many people there as possible.

Here in Nebraska, where I work for the University, the VB team always schedules around FB, even if the FB team is on the road and on Television. The coach knows all of his fans are FB fans and he doesn't want them to have to choose.

So ABC pulling the "6 Day Rule", really messes with everybody. The ABC scheduler, the crewer, the travel agent, on down the line to the BTN people, the host school, and any team who may also play at that school, and TV crew that happens to cover that sport.

I know why ABC does it, but it is a pain in my a$$. :eek:

Go Hawks ... Beat MSU!!! :)

After looking at the "great" line up they have to choose from I can understand why they are waiting:

Iowa at Indy
Zookers at Mich
MSU at Minny
NW at PSU
Wisc at Purdue

YUCK!

After looking at the "great" line up they have to choose from I can understand why they are waiting:

Iowa at Indy
Zookers at Mich
MSU at Minny
NW at PSU
Wisc at Purdue

YUCK!

My guess is IL vs MI if both win this week. I can see them taking MSU if they are undefeated.

Latest posts