Indiana 2012 = Iowa 2000

hawkfarmer

This Indiana team/coaching staff reminds me of Iowa in 2000. They are young and starting to win a few games they probably shouldn't but not that good. Their coach has things in the right direction and is recruiting well (better than KF). I think Indiana is getting things turned around, though I doubt they will be able to keep Wilson like Iowa kept KF due to crowd support, it was bad yesterday. But I think Wilson is the real deal, and when they start getting a defense (getting 4* DE helps) they could be pretty good. They are a young team, but look like they're on the upward swing, while Iowa is young, but trending the wrong way.

Agreed.
It's a shame about the (lack of) crowd factor impacting a good coach's employment. I think there are maybe 3-5 college FB coaches currently active that could drum up enough interest at that school to consistently fill that stadium.
It's just not a football school. I'd bet you that about 80% of IU students who are Indiana natives root for noterlame in FB and IU in hoops. It's just how Indiana kids are.

There are way too many people who pick Notre Dame for football and IU for hoops in this stupid state. It's college sports, you get one school and you are stuck with them no matter the sport.

Latest posts