In this day and age...

CAARHawk

Banned
Is there a possibility of a middle ground between baseless random rumor mongering waiting for the mainstream media to report on a story? Or does the current structure of online communication just not really allow for such a middle ground?

While I can't stand trolls that get their thrills spreading false rumors, I also come on these sites, because individuals have information that the mainstream media hasn't reported on yet, or won't report. If I have to wait for the media to report on a story before discussing it, it feels like I should just follow those writers on Twitter.

It really is a conundrum.

Last edited:
I have followed Hawkeye football for years and am a member of 2 other sites as well as this one. Of the hundreds of posters there are maybe 3 or 4 that are for a fact credible. All are saying basically the same thing and none of it is good.

There is no need to speculate on the rumors. The facts are bad enough. It is a fact and a matter of public record that DJK was arrested for pot, coke and potent prescription drugs. It is a fact he chose to live with a known drug dealer. It is a fact his laptop among other things have been confiscated. It is a fact there is a sealed warrant that will become a matter of record in 90 days. It is a fact DJK was in KF's doghouse for years. It is a fact he more or less became the face of Hawkeye football this season.

We all remember the City Boyz scandal. The who knew what and when aspect of it. Why did KF do this or that and what did he know and when did he know it etc.

It is reasonable that the facts listed above are going to want to be discussed.

Latest posts