In Retaliation, Say Something Good About Living in Minnesota!

I lived in Albert Lea and St. Paul for 11 years from 81 to 92. I enjoyed my time there with the exception of the idiots who saw South central Minnesota having a beautiful landscape compared to North Iowa and then the cyfans in training who thought the U. of Minnesota had a better football program than Iowa.

Minneapolis was actually a really great place to live. However, from the moment I heard the entire metrodome chant "Who hates Iowa?! We hate Iowa!" during a game that wasn't even against Iowa, I have hated the Gophers.

I lived in Albert Lea and St. Paul for 11 years from 81 to 92. I enjoyed my time there with the exception of the idiots who saw South central Minnesota having a beautiful landscape compared to North Iowa and then the cyfans in training who thought the U. of Minnesota had a better football program than Iowa.

I was in Albert Lea during a part of that time as well. Had a front row seat to the 84 tornado. I was going to say a good thing about my moving, but I really did have a decent time there. The downtown jeweler was a bit of a crank. Beautiful sunsets over the lake, but N Iowa has some great places. The locals who were originally from Iowa had a better sense of humor. The company wanted to move me to Thief River. So I left. They had an outdoor ice skating rink at a mall type area. I thought I was turning into the parking lot and turned onto the rink. The snow was so high I couldn't see. They skated around my car. With Iowa plates, I can imagine the dumb Iowowegian comments.

I live up here now. First 25 years of my life in Iowa. MN is ok, Up North is beautiful, and the Vikes are decent sometimes.

No one cares about the Gophers in this state. I see more Iowa/ISU shirts here in the Rochester area than I do Goof shirts. It's always windy, the soil is pure crap clay, and in high school basketball, the home team wears DARK uniforms. Weird Huh?

I hate giving their fans any credit but that whole chant they do saying they hate Iowa when they are playing other teams is pretty darn funny. When I first heard they were doing that I laughed my ass off. Why can't we come up with something clever to stand out. Wiskys jump around after 3rd quarter is awesome. Just wish Iowa had something like that to spice things up for fans.

I think on the whole, Minnesotans are an insecure bunch who like to go on the offensive about everything Iowa before they can be made fun of for those RIDICULOUS accents of theirs...which they are VERY insecure about BTW!!! I think we were hearing the same type of loud and obnoxious Minnesota natives at the Ryder Cup as you see and hear at the PGA Waste Management Tournament in Phoenix all dressed up in their Vikings gear trying to be the center of attention. OMG, it used to be sooooo funny to walk through the airport in Minneapolis and see all the pasty white tree huggers in their tall white socks with Birkenstocks. Giggle.

They call it 'Duck, Duck, Gray Duck' instead of 'Duck, Duck, Goose.'...effin dumbasses.

Lake Vermilion is cool though.

mimal_is_a_guy_made_of_minnesota_iowa_missouri_arkansas_and_louisiana_whos_cooking_kentucky_in_a_tennessee_pan-80427.gif

The top things off

Home of the Replacements and Husker Du (and other Bob Mould projects). can't be all bad.

Plus, atmostphere and prince (obviously) ... and if you enjoyed "Surfin Bird," thanks Minneapolis' band The Trashmen.

Latest posts