In light of recent events I vote to lock the whole BBall board for 48hrs

DuffMan

In light of everything that has been said and posted here over the last several days I think EVERYONE needs a vaccation from Iowa Basketball message boards.

Seriously it cant be healthy for anyone to read or make posts here... Regardless of what you belive regarding the state of the program one thing we all have in common is that we are all miserable.

If we lock this puppy up for 48 hours and come back I'm quite certain that when we come back these pages will be filled with nothing but unicorns, rainbows, and flowers.

My old boss would once in a while tell me "don't come in tomorrow, take a mental health day". I think Jon should tell the collective hawkeye nation not to come in tomorrow.

That actually might be a good idea...this is the worst I've seen the MB since our FB was struggling with .500 seasons and KF needed to be fired. Take a step back people, geez.

I shut down the forums after a home loss to Wisconsin in 2001. I won't be doing that again...the fallout from that one lingered quite a bit, and made a stir across message board nation...whew. Always livin and learnin

It's just a message board.

It will just blow up Sunday when they lose again.

Maybe the real learning point of this thread being started is to not take message boards so seriously or think they are that significant.

In light of everything that has been said and posted here over the last several days I think EVERYONE needs a vaccation from Iowa Basketball message boards.

Seriously it cant be healthy for anyone to read or make posts here... Regardless of what you belive regarding the state of the program one thing we all have in common is that we are all miserable.

If we lock this puppy up for 48 hours and come back I'm quite certain that when we come back these pages will be filled with nothing but unicorns, rainbows, and flowers.

My old boss would once in a while tell me "don't come in tomorrow, take a mental health day". I think Jon should tell the collective hawkeye nation not to come in tomorrow.

Posts that don't look like something that I'll enjoy I don't click on them (that's just me though)

Maybe the real learning point of this thread being started is to not take message boards so seriously or think they are that significant.

Couldn't have been said any better!

Personally, I think TL will be back for at least one more year and I have heard every pro/con argument their is for retaining him and letting him go.......so really not a whole lot left to say.....until next year.

Only thing left to really discuss is XnO's of a specific game or the skill sets of the players or the lack their of.

Personally, I think TL will be back for at least one more year and I have heard every pro/con argument their is for retaining him and letting him go.......so really not a whole lot left to say.....until next year.

Only thing left to really discuss is XnO's of a specific game or the skill sets of the players or the lack their of.

I think I am getting to this point too...the other stuff will be what it will be...and I think many of us have said all that we possibly can on that front....it will just start to get old, and already is...and I don't pardon myself from this either.

Locking the message board for 48 hours would take us to the final minutes of the OSU game. That could be an interesting first hour of message board activity.

Wait people want to fire Lickliter? What? Sorry I've been in Iowa bball hibernation for about 3 years.

I need these message boards for breaking news around Iowa basketball!!

Duff. You're joking right? shutting down a message board just because too many people are "whining" about Hawkeye basketball? If you don't like it, you take a 48 hour break from it. Geez.....

How about instead of locking the message board, we call the cops on the guy holding a gun to Duff's head while forcing him to read this.

Me personally, watching every knee-jerk, reationary, hyperbole-ridden cry for help from the posters here is making my Friday much more enjoyable.

How about instead of locking the message board, we call the cops on the guy holding a gun to Duff's head while forcing him to read this.

Me personally, watching every knee-jerk, reationary, hyperbole-ridden cry for help from the posters here is making my Friday much more enjoyable.

It's a girl. Here is her picture.

Last edited:

+ one milllion.

It's a girl. Here is her picture.

at-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold.jpg

Reading the fallout is entertaining at least. Reading other people's depressed and outraged posts make me feel less depressed and outraged about iowa bball....if that makes sense

Exactly what kind of a board was it you were looking for? The color scheme here is black & gold, not pink.

;-)

Latest posts