I'm worried you'll keep your streak alive

slimcat

But I won't mind at all if you keep it going another year!

Your 32 year streak of not beating a ranked non-conference opponent that is :)

Bear Down Hawks! And here's to you keeping "The Streak" alive and well after this Saturday.

But I won't mind at all if you keep it going another year!

Your 32 year streak of not beating a ranked non-conference opponent that is :)

Bear Down Hawks! And here's to you keeping "The Streak" alive and well after this Saturday.

Umm, we beat a ranked non-conference opponent last season. In fact, it was a top ten non-conference opponent.

Umm, we beat a ranked non-conference opponent last season. In fact, it was a top ten non-conference opponent.

You'll have to forgive him. I'm sure you can understand why Arizona fans have chosen to forget last year's bowl season.

I should have clarified for you. Bowl games don't count in this streak, as those are post season neutral site games.

You haven't beaten a ranked non-conference opponent in 32 years in the regular season.

one thing we know is that Slimcat is not an offensive lineman at Arizona. My goodness those guys are fat. I would think the heat would bother them much more then our line which averages 25-30 less per player.

Broadcasters love to say crap like that. Like 'They haven't won in College Station since 1952'. Of course, they haven't played since 1952 either, but who's counting.....

whats the site to find these stats? because i would love to find out the last non-conference top ten opponent that Arizona beat at home? just as long i would wager, especially since they have been not relevant in college football for a long, LONG time

well, we beat a non-conference opponent that was briefly ranked last season ... Arizona.

As I recall, it was in the regular season and the win was pretty decisive.

If you're referring to non-conference road games against "ranked oppnenets", I have a good feeling any streak will be R.I.P shortly.

i just went to stassen.com and found a few "potential" top ten non-conference opponents, it does not say whether they were ranked at the time though they just finished with very good records:

'90- Illinois
'89- OU
'87- Iowa
'82- Iowa
'80- Notre Dame
'76- BYU
'74- SDST
'73- TTU
'72- ASU
'67- UTEP
'62- West Texas A&M?

Assuming that none of those teams were ranked at the time, you have also not beaten a top ten non-conference team since '62 (and that's when i had stopped going further back once i realized you apart of the WAC. I will assume that my statement of you not beating a non-conference opponent ranked in the top ten at home in just as long, untill I am provided a link otherwise.

Guys, we are so screwed. Did you know we have never, ever, EVER beaten a ranked, non-conf., while on the road, in the Pacific time zone, when starting the game after 8pm Central, while starting the game with a QB whose name ends in "i", after scoring 35+ points in consecutive games, in a year that precedes a season where we play Nebraska in our last regular season game?!?!

Yep, we're screwed 'cause we've never done that before and it's definitely relevant to the game on Saturday.

Last edited:
Guys, we are so screwed. Did you know we have never, ever, EVER beaten a ranked, non-conf., while on the road, in the Pacific time zone, when starting the game after 8pm Central, while starting the game with a QB whose name ends in "i", after scoring 35+ points in consecutive games, in a year that precedes a season where we play Nebraska in our last regular season game?!?!

Yep, we're screwed 'cause we've never done that before and it's definitely relevant to the game on Saturday.

hawkfan, this is why i wanted to find out if they had beaten a top ten non-conference opponent at home. The Stat is not my point, but you can say only Iowa facts and its totally misleading- because you could just as easily say the same of arizona and top ten non-conference opponents.

Latest posts