I'm moving to Florida

a school in DeLand (west of Daytona/North of Orlando) and it kills me that I won't be in Iowa to religiously follow what I think has the potential to be an incredible year for Hawkeye football. I have two questions:

(1) does anyone know of any Hawkeye bars in the area/region?

(2) does anyone know if there is a way for me to watch Iowa football games on-line?

Any help you could pass along to a fellow, avid Hawkeye fan would be awesome.

You can pay a fee for Hawk Access. Also, lots of Hawkeyes in the sunshine state. Finally, you will already be there for our annual trip to Florida in January.

a school in DeLand (west of Daytona/North of Orlando) and it kills me that I won't be in Iowa to religiously follow what I think has the potential to be an incredible year for Hawkeye football. I have two questions:

(2) does anyone know if there is a way for me to watch Iowa football games on-line?

espn360 is one online possibility.

you shouldn't have a problem catching iowa on abc, espn, espn2 or the b10n live?

Blue? Um, I'll go with a Hawkeye motif. BTW the Orlando IOWA club meets at JB's sportsclub for game watches. Also, I find if I proudly display my Hawk pride that fellow Hawks seek me out.

yes JB's sports bar on the corner of Kirkman road and Conroy road. also moved down here for school, last season was my first living in orlando and it is a great place to catch the games

Agree with JB's... although I only went to a couple games, it's a great place to watch and the crowd is fun.

Also consider looking up Florida Citrus Sports- they have various groups such as a young professionals group where you can meet Hawk fans (and B10 fans) living is SEC country.

I have lived in Florida for almost 20 years and there are plenty of places to watch the Hawks. Almost every Ale House, BW3's, or any other sports bar will have the game on. If you are in Deland, you can go to the Ale House in Daytona on 92 right across the street from the Daytona Speedway. It is amazing how many Iowa fans are down here. The Tampa I Club is very well run and will usually have 50-100 Iowa fans on hand for each game. Even the small sports bars have the NCAA package or the BTN. Good luck and welcome to Florida.

If you have Direct TV or a cable package with the Big Ten Network every game is on tv nationwide.

You'd be set if you get either Direct TV or DishNetwork. Just get a good enough package so that you get the Big 10 network.

For games televised on ESPN and ESPN2, you usually will be able to watch live online via ESPN 360....that is IF your ISP offers it. Games on ABC normally are not offered on ESPN 360 until later in the week, if at all. I do not believe the Big 10 Channel offers an online option for their games. I'm speculating but I think this season, due to the high national ranking of the HAWKS, you won't miss many games because of the Big 10 Channel. I expect ABC/ESPN will exercise their option to pick up most of the games. The flip side of the coin is that if they are on ABC, you might not have the game available in Florida due to regional coverage. Good luck and safe travels. GO HAWKS!

Most of the cable providers have it down there as well if I'm not mistaken. When i lived there, I had brighthouse cable and added their digital sports package that cost like 1.70 a month in addition to the normal cable charges/fees.

Anyone know of any game watching spots in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater side of Tampa Bay? I'll be down there for a sunset wedding on September 4th and need to find a good spot to catch the opening game of the season beforehand.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! Orlando Game Watches are at JB's Sports Restaurant on Kirkman Rd. We also have a facebook group, "orlando iowa club". You can also e-mail us:
orlandoiowahawkeyeclub@gmail.com

--HawkeyeBob62

Latest posts