Illinois vs. Wisconsin

Wisconsin isn’t anything special IMO. But they do their thing. I was just hoping Illinois could hang a loss on them.

Badgers lose both Iverson and Happ next year. Not sure that stork looking kid can hang for 30 minutes in the post

Wisconsin really struggled offensively. I figure Happ was kept out of the end of game to avoid being fouled and missing free throws. Illinois missed too many close to the rim shots. They can only blame themselves for poor shooting. It was an ugly basketball game.

Still tied with them in the loss column. Win tomorrow and we are both 10-5 and Maryland slips to sixth. Lose tomorrow and our double bye chances take a severe hit. We would slip to sixth and Minnesota could move to within a game and a half of us.

How big do those tough calls late in last week's Nebraska game look now?

I don’t think Happ is the best player in the Big 10 or a 1st team All American. How can that be said in the same sentence as he has to benched late in close games?
Rumeal Robinson was a 65% free throw shooter, poor for a point guard who is usually handling rhe ball late. But that didn't stop him from hitting two to win a national Championship for Michigan.

The best players....they find a way.

To me that's not the best player in the conference. You have to make free throws and your best player shouldn't be benched at the end of the game.

Rumeal Robinson was a 65% free throw shooter, poor for a point guard who is usually handling rhe ball late. But that didn't stop him from hitting two to win a national Championship for Michigan.

The best players....they find a way.
That was Robinson’s Junior year. And he was never a 1st Team All American...in his career. And he was never Big 10 POY...in his career.

It was actually his teammate Glen Rice that was Big 10 POY the year when they won their championship in 89...not Robinson. And even Rice was only 2nd Team All American that year. Rice was an 83% FT shooter. And he scored 31 points in the championship game...to Robinson’s 21.

That was Robinson’s Junior year. And he was never a 1st Team All American...in his career. And he was never Big 10 POY...in his career.

It was actually his teammate Glen Rice that was Big 10 POY the year when they won their championship in 89...not Robinson. And even Rice was only 2nd Team All American that year. Rice was an 83% FT shooter. And he scored 31 points in the championship game...to Robinson’s 21.
Rice was a hell of a player. If I were to make up an all time ten player B1G team from the era that I've watched it (1977-present) Rice would be on the team.

Best B1G player I've ever seen? The Big Dog,.Glen Robinson. He could have gone straight from high school to the NBA. Easily

Rice was a hell of a player. If I were to make up an all time ten player B1G team from the era that I've watched it (1977-present) Rice would be on the team.

Best B1G player I've ever seen? The Big Dog,.Glen Robinson. He could have gone straight from high school to the NBA. Easily
I agree that Rice was incredible. And Robinson was one of the best scorers I’ve seen in the Big 10. I can’t remember if he even bothered to run back to the defensive end of the court.

I agree that Rice was incredible. And Robinson was one of the best scorers I’ve seen in the Big 10. I can’t remember if he even bothered to run back to the defensive end of the court.
He did play for Gene Keady. No way would Gene tolerate a cherry picker. I also remember him being an outstanding rebounder.

I remember him mostly as one of those players who made it all look effortless. Because he was so natural in his role. That was the biggest tragedy, on the court, of the whole Ray Thompson story. Ray was so natural on the court, made things look so effortless. He wasn't known as a hustler. He was one of the rare players who didn't have to. He got to the spot a step ahead of the ball or offensive player, because his sense of anticipation was off the charts.

Maybe he thought every thing else would come as easily as basketball.

Happ best play in BIG? What kind of statement is that? 6 pts and a free throw liability? He is more like the 5th of 5 on first team and high 2nd team not out of question.