I'll Pass, Thanks.

ThunderHawk

Thank you for your purchase of tickets to home and/or away games of the nationally ranked University of Iowa football team, and/or your support of the Hawkeyes as a member of the National I-Club and/or the National Varsity Club. Your support is always appreciated.

The UI Athletics Ticket Office is now accepting ticket orders to bowl games that may involve Kirk Ferentz’s squad online. As always, by purchasing your bowl game tickets through the UI Athletics Ticket Office you are helping the UI Athletics Department meet its financial obligation to the bowl game and you are guaranteed seat locations that are part of the official University of Iowa section of the stadium.

To place your bowl game ticket order online, go to hawkeyesports.com below

Hawkeye Sports - University of Iowa Official Athletic Site

and click on the “Tickets” link. You will need your account number and PIN to place your order. If you have questions, contact the UI Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800 IA-HAWKS.

You can also place an order in-person by printing an application at home and by delivering it to the UI Athletics Ticket Office location at the west entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena or by sending to the UI Athletics Ticket Office by FAX at (319) 335-9726. You will find a print-at-home version of the bowl game ticket application in several locations on hawkeyesports.com including the home page for the UI Athletics Ticket Office and the ticket information page for Iowa Football.

Bowl game ticket orders will be filled based on your Iowa Football ticket priority. The deadline to place an order and have it filled by ticket priority is Friday, Dec. 3.

As always, thank you for your support of the Iowa Hawkeyes and the University of Iowa. Fans of the Hawkeyes and friends of the UI like you are the difference-makers for our program, and we hope your holiday plans include the final football game for the 2010 Iowa Hawkeyes.

Please don’t hesitate to contact the UI Athletics Ticket Office if you have any questions about bowl game tickets. You can reach us at 1-800 IA-HAWKS or (319) 335-9309.

Go Hawks!
Nationally ranked? In what? Suckiest offense? Anti-clutch defense? Consistently inconsistent "special" teams?

Sorry. I've got better uses for a few large.

Nationally ranked? In what? Suckiest offense? Anti-clutch defense? Consistently inconsistent "special" teams?

It's a shame that this site is free. If it weren't maybe you'd find something better to do with your time than bit*h about a team and coaching staff that you clearly despise at this point.

I think somebody in the athletics office was making an assumption prior to the weekend. You know what happens when we "assume".

I think there has been alot of assuming going on in around IC the last few months.

Thunderhawk is simply pointing out that the athletics office put the cart before the horse on the bowl game letter.

Thunderhawk is simply pointing out that the athletics office put the cart before the horse on the bowl game letter.

How? We're GOING to a bowl game (though I'm sure Thunderhawk would rather turn down any invite). They aren't saying: get your tickets for the Outback Bowl! There are other games that they list, games that we may be playing in (which is stated in the letter). Hardly putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
Much like the 1997 season (a season with sky high expectations that fell way short), a disappointed fan base will not travel well to a bowl game this year. Hawk fan attendence in El Paso for the 97 Sun Bowl was limited.

Much like the 1997 season (a season with sky high expectations that fell way short), a disappointed fan base will not travel well to a bowl game this year. Hawk fan attendence in El Paso for the 97 Sun Bowl was limited.

As was the Hawkeye effort in that game (a listless blowout loss to Arizona State.)

All indications are that we'll be treated to the same, uh, effort in this bowl game.

You can't fix stupid. But I'm sure there are plenty of Hawk fans that will be going to the bowl game as they should. Have fun at home, though. LOL

It's simple, they want people to reserve their bowl game tickets so they can go to the bowl reps. That way they can say, we have 15,000 tickets already reserved, how many does Penn State, Michigan, ect. have?

It is smart on Iowa's part and they are just trying to do their job so we get the best bowl possible. If our fans have more applicants than Penn State, it might help us go to the outback bowl.

As was the Hawkeye effort in that game (a listless blowout loss to Arizona State.)

All indications are that we'll be treated to the same, uh, effort in this bowl game.

Didn't happen in 2006. That team was right up there for disappointment, and they played the way they were capable of against Texas.

How many days are you going to post the same garbage? Yes, we lost. Yes, it was a disappointing season. Yes, we are all frustrated. But what good is it to CONSTANTLY b*tch about it 24/7? It is over. I am starting to look forward to the bowl game!

I received that email for bowl tickets, too. I'll pass. Tucson, Evanston, and Minneapolis MORE than fufilled my appetite for the 2010 hawkeye football team.

To be fair, this team hasn't really given the fans much to be positive about.

True, but that doesn't warrant lashing out at the players. They aren't above criticism, but the garbage that ThunderHawk has been posting goes beyond that. They don't deserve to be crucified and bashed. Coaches are fair game for that sort of thing, but the players aren't.

Latest posts