If you had to pick another B10 school to root for...

What other B10 team would you root for if Iowa didn't exist?

• scUM

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • fOSU

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Purdon't

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Minny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illannoy

• NorthWestern

• Wisky

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Indiana

• Nebraska

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuffMan

If Iowa didn't exist and you had to pick another B10 school to be a fan of who would it be and why?

I'd guess Wisconsin based mostly on proximity when growing up in NE Iowa and having friends and family living in Madison. It's a fabulous little city.

Sorry guys, it took me a while to get the poll up there (lots of options, feel free to vote).

Mine is Wisky. Madison is a great town, they take football seriously, the tailgate atmosphere is great, Camp Randall is a blast, and I think out of all fanbases and teams in the conference they are the closest to us.

Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan would all get consideration. Good academics and until rich rod took over I thought wall had somewhat classy programs. (ok...northwestern didn't have much of a program but I still think it is one hell of a school.) I would be proud if my kid went to any of those schools. I think from that aspect I would choose NU, PSU and then Michigan.

Minnesota, fOSU, and Illinois can all kiss it. Scumbag schools in my book.

Indiana, Purdue, Wisky and MSU I don't have much love for but not hated either.

I said PSU, but b-ball would be Michigan. Loved watching the years with Robinson and Rice and the fab 5 , even if Fisher was dirty.

I understand why people said Wisky, but speaking as a hawk fan in Madison, Wisky would be my LAST choice!

Ohio State.

Hate how they always seem to beat us but love the way they represent the Big Ten Conference. Not going to hate a school for being good.

I have been a "closet" Michigan fan since the 80's. I root for them except when they play Iowa, or when it benefits Iowa for them to lose. Always loved Bo, not to mention that when i was younger, they were always on TV, whereas Iowa wasn't.

Wisconsin.

My children and I take an extended weekend trip to the Dells annually. I wear my Hawkeye shirts when up there and I get no negative feedback.

The Wisconsin folks are a lot like Iowa people and that is friendly.

Also, Wisconsin is a neighbor state with values typical to Iowans.

Penn State - I respect the $hit out of that program, and I love Joe Pa. Their fan base seems to have a lot of respect for our program as well.

I looked over the list and it was hard for me to choose most of these schools. Wisconsin was the one school that stuck out because I think they are the most like us. But, I am tired of losing our instate basketball recruits to them though.

Dude, Flat out it ain't happenin. If it can't be the Hawks then it's nobody.
To even speak of such things? Jon the ban hammer please I want to do this myself!

lol

Latest posts