If You Could Pick Out Just One Person ...

jameskalina

... whose absence (injury, health, leaving) from the football team this past season made the biggest adverse impact to this team who would you pick?

One of the linebackers...either tarp nielsen or davis.......so that Troy Johnson doesnt have to play he killed are defensive all season

jake 'the fake' christensen :D
Seriously, I'd say tie between Tarp and Jewell. :(

Given that our offense just fell apart after the Michigan State game when we lost MacMillan I would say MacMillan. We lose our starting guard and then can't seem to run the ball anymore....hmmm.

1a. Norm
1b. The LB's. The loss of any one of them hurt, but could have been covered. The loss of so many of them was killer.

I got to go with Norm Parker.

You just cannot replace 40+ years coaching experience in game week prep and planning, and play to play decision making on game day. Also, I'm thinking it be tougher for the staff to plan and implement the details being down one coach and coordinator.

By the time Norm was able to return to the team for input, could be the negative defensive momentum was too much to stop to make a difference down the stretch.

i'd love to have 4th quarter ricky from last year. we could have used some of that magic/luck whatever you call it this year.

The linebackers were a big loss, but the D still kept the score down to where the O should have been able to get the job done. Accordingly, the biggest loss has to be the guards. Koepple comes in at RG and Iowa wasn't able to win another game and Ricky starts looking really uncomfortable.

I'd have to go with Angerer. Leadership on the defense seemed to be lacking this year and I feel LB's in our defense are the most important group. This year was very weak in that area.

Latest posts