If we get up on NW early ...

LawVHawk

... will KF and KOK pour it on, at least as much as this team is capable of doing that?

We are in desperate need of a statement game; sure, a win in the Shoe would be that. But we need one right now to shut up the critics in the media, the polls and perhaps even those around the conference who think Iowa is more lucky than good.

I don't know that the Captain and his OC are up to that, however.

I'd love to see the O put up big numbers this week and steal some of the spotlight from the D.

As crazy as this season has been, you do find yourself wondering what is this team going to do next for an encore. Yes, It would be nice to see us put together two complete halves of football....maybe even carry a lead into halftime. (Now Iam dreaming)
But at this point a win is a win, and whatever heart-wrenching, gut-churning journey our beloved Hawkeyes decide to take to get that victory is fine with me. Good Lord willing, I will be following every step of the way!
GO HAWKS!

I think ther is no question that the foot stays on the throttle vs NW. They have been a thorn in Iowa's side, beat us last year and dangerous to keep hanging around.

I think ther is no question that the foot stays on the throttle vs NW. They have been a thorn in Iowa's side, beat us last year and dangerous to keep hanging around.

If the opportunity presents itself, I cant agree more. People can argue this all week, but running up the score on NW cant even be considered unsportsmanlike, even they know what are situation is and why it needs to be done. Just like they say, "its our job to score, its their job to stop us".

But like I said...if the opportunity presents itself. I will be happy with just the W.

I don't know about running up the score, but this offense needs all the confidence it can get. Hopefully we keep playing aggressively until we know for sure the game is in hand. (assuming we get up early) I'd like us to be up by at least 21-24 points before we start putting in the back-ups. Unless of course there's only about 5-7 minutes left and we're up like 17 or something. Then lets get the backups some playing time. But I think we need our offense hitting on all cylinders going into a tough battle in Columbus.

I doubt we can afford to "let up on the throttle" on offense this year... never know when the engine is going to sputter next...

Kudos to our defense, they have more than earned their wings this year.

Latest posts