If the nation thought we were a slow, plodding team before...

Bohawk

wait til they see us with our white starting tailback. I say that half tongue and cheek, but also with a bit of seriousness. I know that's not a politically correct thing to say, but it's a stereotype that is very real and I guarantee it will cross the mind of more than one fan across the country.

Hopefully, the highlights they will see are similar to the Andy Brodell Alamo Bowl highlights with him outrunning the field.

I was thinking the same thing.

However, when the Hawks played ESU they had a white tailback. And we did pretty good that day(Lattimer got punked big time that day). Although it was sad to see Alvin Mack go down with that knee injury. But it's all part of the game.

wait til they see us with our white starting tailback. I say that half tongue and cheek, but also with a bit of seriousness. I know that's not a politically correct thing to say, but it's a stereotype that is very real and I guarantee it will cross the mind of more than one fan across the country.

Hopefully, the highlights they will see are similar to the Andy Brodell Alamo Bowl highlights with him outrunning the field.

I'm sure you mean no harm, but it's a lame way to start a thread. By the way, you do know that BW is FAST?

However, when the Hawks played ESU they had a white tailback. And we did pretty good that day(Lattimer got punked big time that day). Although it was sad to see Alvin Mack go down with that knee injury. But it's all part of the game.

I'm drawing a complete blank here - ESU?

Very very True!!

And super True!!

Burky, you forced me to Google Alvin Mack. Got it. Movie...I liked The Program, but only saw it once, so it was predictable that I would whiff on the reference!!

I GIVE UP!!! Which school is ESU?!?!?! : - )
ESU is the fictional school in the 1993 movie "The Program" starring James Caan ("Rollerball," "Las Vegas"). I believe Timberwolves (the school's mascot) were an independent team, playing a lot of ACC and SEC schools, but also played Iowa. Some pulling guard put the super intense middle linebacker on the shelf with a busted knee.

Hey, I'm not saying BW is slow by any means. I can't wait to watch him run wild on Saturday. I'm simply stating an opinion that I think is a very real perception in sports.

knighthawk, I'm sorry if you feel dumber for reading this thread once, but now that you've read it twice, I gotta put that one on you.

Latest posts