If the Big Ten was split into divisions this year

ChosenChildren

This won't be 100% accurate, but assume that the divisional split was in place this year:

West:

Mich St 4-1
Iowa 3-1
NW 2-2
Mich 1-3
MN 0-4

East:

Wisconsin 4-1
Ohio St 4-1
IlL 3-2
Penn St 2-2
Purdue 2-2
Indiana 0-4

Obviously, you have to throw Nebraska in the mix. Since Wisconsin wins t he tiebreaker against Ohio State, you would have Wisky probably playing the winner of the Iowa Nebraska game in the Big Ten championship game. It would have been a heck of a final game between Iowa and Nebraska!

I think the divisional setup will be a lot of fun

It sure will be fun. Holding Nebby out for now, notice that Wisky and Iowa would control their own destinys to the Champ Game this year. Heck, even with Nebby in there, we still would. In fact, take out Indy and put in Nebby, and if we won out we would be 11-2 and probably ranked in the top 5 again (after beating tOSU, Nebby, and Wisky). Of course, one would have to win all those games!

Yes, this year it would be like iowa having two championship games in a row the last week of the reg season and if they won, the B10 title game. I think that might be be how it is next year, because I don't see Michigan in the mix.

Not that I really care about the trophy, but if we play Wisconsin in the conference championship game, is the Heartland Trophy up for grabs? How is that going to work?

Not that I really care about the trophy, but if we play Wisconsin in the conference championship game, is the Heartland Trophy up for grabs? How is that going to work?

That's a really good point. I wonder if they have discussed trophy games in regards to matchups in the BigTen Title game?

It should be if it wasn't played for in a regular season game.

That would be cool to see the rush over to the other sideline to grab the trophy. Then officially get presented with the BT trophy.

I think the fact that the BigTen Championship game is played at a neutral site will moot the argument that it's a game for the Heartland Trophy. IMO.

Latest posts