If Iowa wins the toss?

If the Hawks win the toss they're going to receive. I don't see KF changing that for this game.

Always split on this. Personally, I'd like to kick it away, score before the half, and on the first drive of the second half. I'd also like to see us with the ball last, whether we're winning or not.

I think we should defer and try an onside kick. It worked for Rhodes last year...................wait......................nevermind.

Always split on this. Personally, I'd like to kick it away, score before the half, and on the first drive of the second half. I'd also like to see us with the ball last, whether we're winning or not.

I feel the same way. I like the chance to score right before halftime then again to start the second half. Huge momentum builder.

Kirk will take the ball first unless wind seems to be factor. Then he may consider deferring.
Nice to score first in second half but can also work very well to shut down opponets first drive of second half and then score on what may be shorter field.

I'd like to start on Defense, Our defense is the strength of the team, play to our strength!

I like it the way it is ,Ferentz's game plan is to eat the clock and physically wear out the other team.Go down the field and score and then let your defense take over.

They will take the ball to start the game, score a touchdown and never look back. 7 is big enough hole that isu won't be able to dig out of.

Are we playing EA NCAA Football?

The forecast for tomorrow calls for a pretty stiff wind out of the NW. Not that I think it will matter, but it would nice to have that wind at Iowa's back in the 4th quarter.

I say take the ball, run it down their throat and make a statement!

And if Iowa goes 3 and out?

This game in particular I would like Iowa to start on defense. ISU is going to be sky high (plus there will be some jitters on Iowa's side) and the chance of Iowa scoring on the opening drive is lower than normal.

Are we playing EA NCAA Football?

Hey, it doesn't change what I and a lot of people like to see in real life. If you kick off first, but score before half, that's huge. As for having the ball last... that just seems like common sense.

Kirk will take the ball first unless wind seems to be factor. Then he may consider deferring.
Nice to score first in second half but can also work very well to shut down opponets first drive of second half and then score on what may be shorter field.
This.

On both counts.

Latest posts