If Iowa did not make the playoff would you rather have the Rose or a New Years Day 6

HaydenHawk56

Both bowls situations (and playoff) obviously no one really thought of at the beginning of the year. But, the New Years Day Six bowls are technically better bowls than the Rose this year right? But the Rose feels much more prestigeous and more elusive to us since last being there in the 90-91 season. I would almost feel more sad if we did not make the playoffs not playing in the Rose.

Loved seeing cocky OSU get beat, but this is the downside to making it harder to reach the consolation prize of the Rose.

Edit....ok I might be a little confused.....reading all of the bowl situations Jon put out there....is the Rose still kind of apart of the New Years Day Six? Just gets confusing how things keep changing and how the bowls rotate. I'm sure someone will clear this up. I remember reading that article on the bowl rotations, but don't remember for sure if the Rose is a part of the New Years Day Six? I'm guessing it probably is so nevermind on topic then. Rose would be the next best bet.

I would want the Rose if we could not make the playoffs.

My bad. Ignore topic......Rose would be the next best option...and yes it is a New Years Six bowl. Got confused.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/06/s...wls-announced/

Last edited:
Re: If Iowa did not make the playoff would you rather have the Rose or a New Years Da

The Rose is the best of any bowl not in the CFP.

If Iowa's in the Rose, I'd even watch the parade.
They still have the parade, don't they?

Re: If Iowa did not make the playoff would you rather have the Rose or a New Years Da

:confused: Rose is one of the 6 as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

...But, the New Years Day Six bowls are technically better bowls than the Rose this year right?...

Huh? :confused:

The Rose Bowl is a "New Year's 6" game. It's just not one of the two that are CFP semifinal games for this season. No less "better" than it has been in the past when it hasn't been a CFP semifinal or BCS Championship game.

Huh? :confused:

The Rose Bowl is a "New Year's 6" game. It's just not one of the two that are CFP semifinal games for this season. No less "better" than it has been in the past when it hasn't been a CFP semifinal or BCS Championship game.

You are right. My bad. Ignore topic......Rose would be the next best option...and yes it is a New Years Six bowl. Got confused.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/06/start-times-2015-16-new-years-six-bowls-announced/

Obviously the playoff is the ultimate goal. The Rose would be one heck of a fallback. Another New Years six bowl would be....decent, but kind of like eating chocolate pudding when you could have had molten lava cake.

From what Jon wrote, losing twice to end the season could end up with the Hawks in something like the Holiday Bowl. With as good of season as we have had, that would be a pretty big disappointment.

Latest posts