If a true PG and solid 4/5 suddenly emerge

tweeterhawk

... who have high interest in Coach Caff and Iowa, does Caff continue to re-recruit Larson and Brust? Do Larson and Brust suddenly have renewed interest in coming to Iowa City?

Say our luck changes and Caff has the chance to land all four players -- the yet-to-be-named PG, big man, Larson and Brust -- does he offer all four scholarships?

... who have high interest in Coach Caff and Iowa, does Caff continue to re-recruit Larson and Brust? Do Larson and Brust suddenly have renewed interest in coming to Iowa City?

Say our luck changes and Caff has the chance to land all four players -- the yet-to-be-named PG, big man, Larson and Brust -- does he offer all four scholarships?

I would say there is a pretty decent chance Basabe signs at Iowa... if that is the case and Fran can land Larson also, that would be a great combo to bring into the front court. If he can get a true pg who could also double as the 2 I am sure he would still bring in Brust. I have been hard on Brust, but Iowa offered the kid, and Fran has enough integrity to where he will still honor that offer.

Reading between the lines, his recruitment of the kid who had committed to Siena + the JUCO big from Burlington = him not feeling good about Larson.

Reading between the lines, his recruitment of the kid who had committed to Siena + the JUCO big from Burlington = him not feeling good about Larson.

That's my sense, too. We have a bit more of a chance of re-signing Brust, but I still say that's a long-shot.

Fran better take the kids that want to be at Iowa. Nothing against Larson or Brust but Fran knows where they stand and if he can get the other kids to sign he shoud sign them and move on.

Fran better take the kids that want to be at Iowa. Nothing against Larson or Brust but Fran knows where they stand and if he can get the other kids to sign he shoud sign them and move on.

Guess this sort of is at the heart of my questions: if two other players meeting our needs and wanting to come to Iowa emerge, does Caff (a) continue to pursue Brust and Larson hard or (b) see who else comes along, or (c) even bank a scholarship or two for next year?

Easy to overlook the fact that two other recruits appear determined to honor their commitments to IOWA.

Guess this sort of is at the heart of my questions: if two other players meeting our needs and wanting to come to Iowa emerge, does Caff (a) continue to pursue Brust and Larson hard or (b) see who else comes along, or (c) even bank a scholarship or two for next year?

Easy to overlook the fact that two other recruits appear determined to honor their commitments to IOWA.
If I was Fran and could get two other kids that fit the bill to sign I would not continue to persue Larson or Brust. I can understand wanting to be re-recruited but with Fran's style of play and the current roster I think Larson and Brust would get plenty of minutes. I wouldn't mind Fran banking a scholly either, would allow him two open schollies at years end and more time to look for his kind of player.

Don't know what is so hard about this... Brust signed a LOI to come to Iowa, Iowa changed coaches, and Brust asked out of his LOI which was granted. Brust is old enough to know that Coach Caff is going to recruit others and he may not fit at a later date. Sounds like Coach Caff is out working hard on the recruiting trail. Bottom line is that Coach Caff is under no obligation is "hold" his scholarship now that Brust asked out. From the sounds of it, Coach Caff wants him back as it is being reported that he is calling him daily, but is under no obligation.

I hope that McCaffery has not been calling Brust every day! A dead period started on Monday and ended Thursday. Even during a contact period, a coach is only allowed to call a prospect twice a week.

Every contact this week with any recruit for any school has been done through a third party intermediary like an AAU or high school coach.

Further, unless there is another transfer or McCaffery does not renew a scholarship, Iowa only has three available scholarships.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010-2011 Roster as of 4/16/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cully Payne
Eric May
Matt Gatens
Brennan Cougill
Andrew Brommer
Devan Archie
Jarryd Cole

Nick Neari- Walk-On

Devin Marble
Zach McCabe

Tucker-Open schollie
Larson- Open Schollie