I'd love to see Ferentz stick it to Rhoads on Saturday

QuadCityHawkeye

After Rhoads comments when Lazard committed he rubbed the Iowa staff the wrong way I think. Brian Ferentz had talked about it before and you know it doesn't sit well with Kirk. What I'd love to see is a good old fashioned Hayden Fry style butt kicking on Saturday. Run that score up and rub it in their face. I understand Ferentz won't do that but it would be golden to see it done.

I think half the team is going to abandon Ferentz and put on Iowa State uniforms after hearing Rhoads pregame speech from the other locker room through the walls of the stadium.

I think half the team is going to abandon Ferentz and put on Iowa State uniforms after hearing Rhoads pregame speech from the other locker room through the walls of the stadium.

ISU would have no use for them. ISU is on an upswing and is stacked with talent. Scherff was the only guy they would maybe take (and move him to second string right guard), but he is unavailable.

ISU would have no use for them. ISU is on an upswing and is stacked with talent. Scherff was the only guy they would maybe take (and move him to second string right guard), but he is unavailable.
Carl Davis also might be worth a look at 3rd or 4th string just in case anybody on the 1985 Bears like defense gets hurt...but only because All American Rodney Coe is no longer with the team.

But look at what they did with Rodney Coe, he was the star of our recruiting class one year, then he is kicked to the curb a few years later because the ISU defensive line is stacked and they don't need him. Rhoads doesn't stop recruiting kids once they're committed, or once they enroll, or once they take the field for the other team. Or once they play the first half and the Iowa offense hasn't scored a touchdown.

The quarterback for Kansas State last week, Jake Waters, wanted to play for ISU, like his dad did, but wasn't good enough for Rhoads and the colossus of talent he is building in Ames.

That's true, doubt any of guys could make their 3 deep. You seen the plans for closing in endzone? We can't compete with that.

I would love to see even beating them by 21 or so. Honestly, if the hawks finish drives and dont dink around and our Dee plays inspired again I think the hawks win pretty big.

Losing this game would really be one of KF's worst defeats of his tenure , akin to West Mich in 2007.

I would love to think that the reason we haven't been rushing the ball is we wanted to make ISU prepare for a passing attack.

Just win. If it is a blowout, great, but evening up grudges is down my list. But, I agree that it would be sweet to make Rhoads eat those words.

Just win. If it is a blowout, great, but evening up grudges is down my list. But, I agree that it would be sweet to make Rhoads eat those words.

I really don't want to hear about any sticking it, blowouts, or eating when discussing these two coaches and what they may or may not do to each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

i think kf has a history of taking aggression out on 'misgivings' ala recruiting crap that MSU was putting out there in rhabo time.

would love to drub the clownz - paw certainly has earned it with his stupid lazard commentary.

Please refresh my memory of what Rhoads said about the Lazard recruiting that was taken so badly by hawk fans.

I expect Drew Ott and Brandon Scherff to make dramatic returns after intense surgery to take the field and take off their Hawkeye uniforms and play for the Cyclones this Saturday.

Please refresh my memory of what Rhoads said about the Lazard recruiting that was taken so badly by hawk fans.

You need to say this in your head in a fake southern drawl for it to be effective....."Then there was a school down the road about 90 miles that called him 6 times today!! Six times!! To try and get him to switch his commitment!! But he stuck with Iowa State because he understands the words 'Honor', 'Commitment', and 'Loyalty'!!"

It sounded just as corny and d@uchy as it looks on this post....

i think kf has a history of taking aggression out on 'misgivings' ala recruiting crap that MSU was putting out there in rhabo time.

would love to drub the clownz - paw certainly has earned it with his stupid lazard commentary.

I think your timeline might be a little off on this one. The huge blowout win over MSU was during the '10 season. The rhabdo stuff and MSU's negative recruiting after that was in January '11, and Iowa is 1-2 over MSU, with only a double-OT win in '12, since the rhabdo stuff.

After Rhoads comments when Lazard committed he rubbed the Iowa staff the wrong way I think. Brian Ferentz had talked about it before and you know it doesn't sit well with Kirk. What I'd love to see is a good old fashioned Hayden Fry style butt kicking on Saturday. Run that score up and rub it in their face. I understand Ferentz won't do that but it would be golden to see it done.

Anytime Lazard enters the game we should see King velcro'd to him.

I think your timeline might be a little off on this one. The huge blowout win over MSU was during the '10 season. The rhabdo stuff and MSU's negative recruiting after that was in January '11, and Iowa is 1-2 over MSU, with only a double-OT win in '12, since the rhabdo stuff.

remember a post-game handshake that was contentious between the two? maybe it was a reax to something else that msu coach had done. i do remember ferentz saying a few xtra words.....at a post game handshake with dantonio - but wouldn't surprise me a bit if i were 'misremembering' the timeline.... )

THIS..........Hawkeye fans need to be Loud and Proud on Saturday.

I would love to see even beating them by 21 or so. Honestly, if the hawks finish drives and dont dink around and our Dee plays inspired again I think the hawks win pretty big.

Losing this game would really be one of KF's worst defeats of his tenure , akin to West Mich in 2007.

And ISU 2007.

Latest posts