IA Booster put's $12 grand into radio spot supporting Dolphin, Learfield is not pleased.

Learfield and Barta

tenor.gif

The most amazing part about this story is Dolph is lucky he has a job and that has nothing to do with this incident. Just listen to him and listen to other college play by play guys.

People sticking up for Dolphin is more anti-Barta and anti-Fran. If Barta wasn't such a buffoon, and Fran didn't flop on recruiting PGs so much, I don't think a whole lot of people would be sticking up for him.

The most amazing part about this story is Dolph is lucky he has a job and that has nothing to do with this incident. Just listen to him and listen to other college play by play guys.

People sticking up for Dolphin is more anti-Barta and anti-Fran. If Barta wasn't such a buffoon, and Fran didn't flop on recruiting PGs so much, I don't think a whole lot of people would be sticking up for him.

... and if Fran didn't flop on recruiting pg's, Dolph (and ALL of HawkeyeNation) wulda never made the comments.;)

About the biggest gaffe in the whole situation is Dolph shulda bit his tongue to see Toussaint. 8 years is a lotta tongue biting!

Totally agree. I grew up listening to him call games (football especially), so there's major nostalgia for me.
But I don't think he's a great play by play guy. I don't think he sees very well

I've been off the Dolph wagon a long long time.... Can't stand listening to him. And I prefer radio over TV but not for my Hawks because of him. He's terrible. He don't even know who our players are half the time let alone the opponents as he's calling the game. His annoying go to phrases he just uses over and over at nauseum is nauseating... How he hasn't been replaced is beyond me. Is he a nice guy? Sure. Is he a good embassador for the program? I'm sure he is but is he any good at actually calling games and doing play by play? OMG no.

The rest of all this is just stupid. There's no good guys here at all. I mean Fran was sticking up for his players that's what any self respecting coach would do. But the rest of it is just terrible. I mean why Barta even made public the rest of whatever the heck that 'tension' is/was to me is really dumb. I mean some may have suspected their had been but nobody had any rumors being talked about as far as I'd heard. And if your going to throw that out there than you ought to be specific. To vaguely throw that out with out saying what that said tension is all about is just starting a fire when it was already 80 degrees in the house. It resolved NOTHING besides hype up the fan base more that's it.

I've been off the Dolph wagon a long long time.... Can't stand listening to him. And I prefer radio over TV but not for my Hawks because of him. He's terrible. He don't even know who our players are half the time let alone the opponents as he's calling the game. His annoying go to phrases he just uses over and over at nauseum is nauseating... How he hasn't been replaced is beyond me. Is he a nice guy? Sure. Is he a good embassador for the program? I'm sure he is but is he any good at actually calling games and doing play by play? OMG no.

The rest of all this is just stupid. There's no good guys here at all. I mean Fran was sticking up for his players that's what any self respecting coach would do. But the rest of it is just terrible. I mean why Barta even made public the rest of whatever the heck that 'tension' is/was to me is really dumb. I mean some may have suspected their had been but nobody had any rumors being talked about as far as I'd heard. And if your going to throw that out there than you ought to be specific. To vaguely throw that out with out saying what that said tension is all about is just starting a fire when it was already 80 degrees in the house. It resolved NOTHING besides hype up the fan base more that's it.

I totally agree with Fran sticking up for his players as most would and you nailed it with Barta. There are few things he could have said to make it more of a story.

Hell had he come out really upset with Dolph and made more critical but specific comments to why he was being mad, it would have been better. But all he did was stir the pot and as you said resolved nothing