I would like to call my shot...

I know I am new to HawkeyeNation but I want to call my shot on this whole conference realignment thing. It seems like it is going to happen with the Cuse and Pitt going to the ACC which in turn I see the Big East possiably falling apart. In respect to the Big Ten I see something playing out behind the curtain as we speak. I think the B10 is waiting for Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to petition to join the Pac 12 which I think could happen as soon as Monday. After that I see Texas and Notre Dame starting to make the move to the Big Ten (the same route we saw the cornhuskers take) knowing 4 super conferences will be forming fast. After the ACC, Pac 12, SEC, and others swap teams and the dust starts to settle; the Big Ten comes out and looks like a saint by asking Baylor and Iowa State to apply to the Big Ten.

The Big Ten will rescue two schools that "bring nothing to the table" to make them look better. The real reason is they will be bring in so much money by adding Texas and Notre Dame that the only thing they can gain is by making their rep look better. How else to do that by adding teams like Baylor and Iowa State.

So in the end I think the Big Ten not only adds the best value to the conference they also look better from an outsiders perspective by taking two teams the other conferences left in the dust.

I have no insider information and this is just how I see it after following some bread crumbs.

The Big 10 will NOT add ISU and Baylor. JD has consistently said "quality over quantity" with the conference realignment situation. They don't care what other conferences think of them. I like 12 teams, but I fear it may change. The Big 10 has been very quiet about all this. I like how the conference goes about it's business.

No way does the Big Ten invite ISU and Baylor! Don't need them don't want them! Maybe Kansas and Missouri but not those other two.

You might want to check that bread you've been eating.... sorry, dumbest thing I have ever read.

I thank everyone for their honesty :)

But honestly I can see at the very least the Big Ten taking one of Baylor or Iowa State if the acquire Texas and Notre Dame. I maybe stepping on a ledge a bit by saying both but I think one will come along maybe Iowa State and Missouri??

I just think if the Big Ten gets Texas and Notre Dame and it goes to 4 super conferences what do they lose by adding two of Missouri, Baylor, and Iowa State? Except for respect from some of you that disagree with it?

The idea is that if Texas and Notre Dame join the Big Ten and they have to go to 16 teams then what other two teams do they add in your opinion and why?

Last edited:
I thank everyone for their honesty :)

But honestly I can see at the very least the Big Ten taking one of Baylor or Iowa State if the acquire Texas and Notre Dame. I maybe stepping on a ledge a bit by saying both but I think one will come along maybe Iowa State and Missouri??

I just think if the Big Ten gets Texas and Notre Dame and it goes to 4 super conferences what do they lose by adding two of Missouri, Baylor, and Iowa State? Except for respect from some of you that disagree with it?
Why do you think they would take either one of these teams?:confused:

The team no one is talking about for B1G expansion is Northern Iowa. Classic feel good story right there.

Sounds like ISU will get into the Big East if Big 12 dissolves. I guess the Big 10 dodged the "having to be the nice guy" bullet.

Latest posts