I think Oregon would smoke us...

PDXHawkeye

I am a die hard hawkeye, living in Oregon, and I hate the Ducks. However, I think they may smoke us if we play them in the Rose Bowl. I don' t think we could stop their offense...

I'd rather see USC...Oregon's spread scares me a bit, especially as well as Masoli is playing as a dual threat tonight.

I am a die hard hawkeye, living in Oregon, and I hate the Ducks. However, I think they may smoke us if we play them in the Rose Bowl. I don' t think we could stop their offense...

I'm sorry I dislike post like this... All I will say is that Iowa has a much better Defense than USC. Quite frankly it's not even close...

They will be two games ahead of USC after tonight, with the tie breaker. They will not lose three of their last 4.... They are in the Rose Bowl.

No need to worry about us playing Oregon. The talking heads already have Oregon playing in the NC game if "Either of the SEC teams or Texas slip up!

I'm sorry I dislike post like this... All I will say is that Iowa has a much better Defense than USC. Quite frankly it's not even close...

Sorry you "Dislike posts like this", but are you watching the Oregon game? They have scored 40+ points their last 6 games...

Trust me, it pains me to say it, Oregon fans are the worse then Wisc fans, and I would have to put up with them for a long, long time. They still bring up the 93 or 94 game in Eugene....

They will be two games ahead of USC after tonight, with the tie breaker. They will not lose three of their last 4.... They are in the Rose Bowl.

Arizona is a game behind them and they still play them. Oregon is in the drivers seat for sure and Arizona still as very tough games to play but USC isn't the team they have to worry about as they aren't directly behind them.

Who knows. Maybe our early season matchup with Arizona was a Rose Bowl preview.

(Ok, probably not. Oregon will most likely win the conference).

Sorry, but I don't think anyone is going to smoke the Hawks. Oregon would present problems, but I would welcome the challenge!

I say the following recognizing there is a ton of football to play (including a game in the 'shoe that looks less and less like a win each week): it would be an irony of 2002 proportions if we lose big to a hot Oregon team in the Rose Bowl and miss a chance to play a more beatable Alabama squad in the NC game.

I say the following recognizing there is a ton of football to play (including a game in the 'shoe that looks less and less like a win each week): it would be an irony of 2002 proportions if we lose big to a hot Oregon team in the Rose Bowl and miss a chance to play a more beatable Alabama squad in the NC game.

What's scary is, we're a Penn State loss to OSU from possibly missing a BCS birth altogether (that is assuming we win against Northwestern and Minnesota).

Sorry you "Dislike posts like this", but are you watching the Oregon game? They have scored 40+ points their last 6 games...

Trust me, it pains me to say it, Oregon fans are the worse then Wisc fans, and I would have to put up with them for a long, long time. They still bring up the 93 or 94 game in Eugene....

Guess I would ask have you watched Oregon this year? Here is their last 6 games... Does that look like 40+ their last 6??? Oh by the way they scored 8 against Boise State...

Sep 12 Purdue W 38-36
Sep 19 UtahW 31-24
Sep 26CaliforniaW 42-3
Oct 3Washington StateW 52-6
Oct 10@UCLAW 24-10
Oct 24@WashingtonW 43-19

If the Hawks did face the Ducks in the Rose Bowl, what would be the chances we roll out the winged uniforms?

Ok, on to the real point of my post.

I can agree with some people's views that Oregon's offense looks frightening, but they also have not faced a defense like Iowa's. It would be a classic "basketball on grass" vs. "old school back to roots". Iowa just may bring it and shut them down...they have been surprising people all season long.

I think this is a whole lot of overreaction based on what they're doing tonight.

I wonder why Oregon gets no criticism for almost losing at home to Purdue early in the season.

Latest posts