I think it is Stoops

PeoriaHWKI

Look at all the signs that are out there.
OSU already offered him the Co DC and he hasn't taken it yet.
Nebby says they are interested and no progress has been made.
An assistant contract isn't very complicated so why no move yet on obvios and good opportunities?
This all happened over a week ago.

Norm retires Sunday.

My gut is Mike is named DC Sunday evening.

Look at all the signs that are out there.
OSU already offered him the Co DC and he hasn't taken it yet.
Nebby says they are interested and no progress has been made.
An assistant contract isn't very complicated so why no move yet on obvios and good opportunities?
This all happened over a week ago.

Norm retires Sunday.

My gut is Mike is named DC Sunday evening.
I hope so...would love to see some of that fire spill over into his defensive guys. He has been quoted saying he misses the bond between a coordinator and his guys.

can you give me some background on what other things your gut has predicted(correctly or incorrectly) so i have some basis on the odds of this happening?

thanks

Too sexy IMHO. KF would never associate himself with someone that passionate, might step on his toes.

I said Alford would be hired as Iowa's coach... sorry for that one.
I said Lickliter would be gone very soon when they hired him.
I said Stanzi would start if Haley was fired... looks to be true.
I said GW Bush would be a 2 term President after his inagural election
I said Obama would be elected President after hearing him speak as a statesman far before he annnounced he would even run.

I have had many wrong gut feelings as well. Yet here is a guy who seems to be getting a lot of press everywhere to join there staff and nothing has happened yet. Only delays I see is the Norm retirement. So, doesn't it make sense? Why has he not taken anything else yet. Maybe he has and is just letting Norm have his day as he deserves.

I really think KF will go with Phil Parker to step in to the position. I like stoops and his fire, but something tells me KF would not go in that direction. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Mike is waiting for Bob Stoops to bring him in to replace Brent Venables at OU.
Sooner fans are not happy with their defense this year,and are hoping that Venables gets a job offer to allow Mike to jump in.

Bob probably will push Brent hard to move on,then bring Mike back.

I said Obama would be elected President after hearing him speak as a statesman far before he annnounced he would even run.

I have had many wrong gut feelings as well. Yet here is a guy who seems to be getting a lot of press everywhere to join there staff and nothing has happened yet. Only delays I see is the Norm retirement. So, doesn't it make sense? Why has he not taken anything else yet. Maybe he has and is just letting Norm have his day as he deserves.

do you think bama is a 2 term president?

Hawkeyenation's very own Normstradamus.

;)

This morning I guessed that my morning wiz would take longer than a minute.......and it did.

I think Mike is waiting for Bob Stoops to bring him in to replace Brent Venables at OU.
Sooner fans are not happy with their defense this year,and are hoping that Venables gets a job offer to allow Mike to jump in.

Bob probably will push Brent hard to move on,then bring Mike back.

I think this is the correct answer.

I said Alford would be hired as Iowa's coach... sorry for that one.I said Lickliter would be gone very soon when they hired him.I said Stanzi would start if Haley was fired... looks to be true.I said GW Bush would be a 2 term President after his inagural electionI said Obama would be elected President after hearing him speak as a statesman far before he annnounced he would even run.I have had many wrong gut feelings as well. Yet here is a guy who seems to be getting a lot of press everywhere to join there staff and nothing has happened yet. Only delays I see is the Norm retirement. So, doesn't it make sense? Why has he not taken anything else yet. Maybe he has and is just letting Norm have his day as he deserves.
do you think bama is a 2 term president?

lol is this a serious question? I don't think Rick Perry is that much of competition.

I really think that He is waiting to see if any other head coaches get canned. We all forget what Stoops wants. He himself has his own list, I for one think that there is no way he goes back to OU, only to leave again shortly thereafter. I do not think that he goes to OSU for reasons already listed in this thread & the hundred others.

For lack of a better example, he may be looking for a "chizik" move. He also wouldn't want to do that to Iowa unless he gave ferentz some sort of stipulation like in 2-4 years if __________ HC jobs become available i'm applying. But to ferentz and the other staff, that would be sufficient time to leave a lasting impression on his beloved hawks.

At that time Phil would be "more" ready for the DC job, or hell maybe even the HC job if after a couple years he gets the honor to have the title of co-DC. Meaning, he then had been exposed two very different styles and coaching angles from Norm and Mike.

Phil should look at this as a growing opportunity, that would almost ensure his place at the top of the list after Stoops decides to leave.

Or in my mind, stoops comes here- loves it- and becomes a KF disciple and takes over as HC, and after stoops has had time to refine/rub-off on Parker he could still get the DC job.

So, much potential with Stoops here- not much with those others.

Time for a big splash in Iowa Football.

Apparently people don't follow football too closely in this forum. Stoops wore out his welcome at freaking ARIZONA because of his tirades, antics, temper, handling of players and the team. Did any of the experts watch any AZ games post the firing? Basically the players tuned the guy out due to his yelling and screaming and said he took the fun out of the game. Think about all of this for 10 seconds before posting you think he is the guy. Do you really think Ferentz or the U wants some nut yelling and screaming on the sidelines? I went to Iowa-AZ game two years ago and Tucson is the armpit of AZ and their fans are trailer park to put it midly and they still cut ties with this guy.

Even if none of the above were in play, KF will not hire anyone outside the program because he must maintain the status quo at all costs. Bringing in an outsider, especially someone like Stoops who might, God forbid, want to change something, isn't in the cards.

I know there has been a lot of talk about Stoops and trying to get someone with Iowa ties. My one question is why isn't the name of Bobby Diaco coming up. He is the LB coach and DC at Notre Dame. They practically play a Big Ten schedule and he was a solid player for the Hawks. Do you think he would have interest or do we have interest in him?

I think they need to hire from, the outside. I was not impressed with how last year was handled with Norm out and I don't think the existing staff stepped up with great talent and a lot on the line.

I do think the hire has been made I am just curious to see who it is. I am under the belief we need more of a defensive leadership position ont he sidelines. I think the Hawks really missed Norm down there.

Apparently people don't follow football too closely in this forum. Stoops wore out his welcome at freaking ARIZONA because of his tirades, antics, temper, handling of players and the team. Did any of the experts watch any AZ games post the firing? Basically the players tuned the guy out due to his yelling and screaming and said he took the fun out of the game. Think about all of this for 10 seconds before posting you think he is the guy. Do you really think Ferentz or the U wants some nut yelling and screaming on the sidelines? I went to Iowa-AZ game two years ago and Tucson is the armpit of AZ and their fans are trailer park to put it midly and they still cut ties with this guy.

Even if none of the above were in play, KF will not hire anyone outside the program because he must maintain the status quo at all costs. Bringing in an outsider, especially someone like Stoops who might, God forbid, want to change something, isn't in the cards.

our coaching staff needs more passion!! ;)

Latest posts