I swear every time they cut to Paul Rhodes

BnG4Me

on the sideline you can actually see his ego getting bigger.

If ISU manages to pull this off I can't imagine how big of a jacka$$ he's going to be from now on.

And not emotional in an I am out of my mind looking like a crazed man Bill Lynch sort of fashion.

Fair point on that. At least he doesn't look like an enraged orangutan on the sidelines.

Saying Paul Rhodes is egotistical is like saying Kirk Ferentz has no class. It's trying too hard to force an image that doesn't exist.

Haha this is laughable, I am not a Hawk fan but can admit Ferentz is a class act. I've met Rhoads and I think any program would be happy to have him as a head coach.

Maybe when he doesn't feel the need to stoop to calling out camera operators for their choice of shirts, I'll reassess. Until then, he's a goober.
And I'm pretty sure your idiotic claim that "ANY program would be happy to have him as head coach" is the stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this board.
Yep, I'm sure the folks down in Tuscaloosa are kicking themselves that they have Saban instead of rhoads. :confused:

Maybe when he doesn't feel the need to stoop to calling out camera operators for their choice of shirts, I'll reassess. Until then, he's a goober.
And I'm pretty sure your idiotic claim that "ANY program would be happy to have him as head coach" is the stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this board.
Yep, I'm sure the folks down in Tuscaloosa are kicking themselves that they have Saban instead of rhoads. :confused:

I think you need to reassess your opinion of Rhoads, Vintage. Living in Ames I can attest to the fact that he is one of the good guys and class acts in college football. He is absolutely cut out of the same material that KF is. Yes, he coaches for our instate rival. That makes it harder to have a positive vibe for him, even for me, but his decency and good character has done so for me.

He was the DC at Auburn and cleaned up Chizik's mess in Ames by (probably) taking the Clones to bowl games in his first two years, so if Alabama did have a vacancy I honestly would not doubt that Rhoads could be a serious consideration- whoops, check that. Rhoads is a bit too honest and unwilling to cheat and believes in his athletes going to school and graduating, so maybe you're right. He's not SEC material.

I have no love for the Cyclones what so ever, but it is hard for me to not like a good man like Paul Rhoads.

As far as I'm concerned Rhoads is doing a great job. So far he is the exact opposite of McCarney. Although only two years, he hasn't beat Iowa and his teams actually win so it makes the hawks look better when they have beaten the clones. It sure beats losing to a McCarney team who can beat Iowa but can't compete in the Big 12.

I think you need to reassess your opinion of Rhoads, Vintage. Living in Ames I can attest to the fact that he is one of the good guys and class acts in college football. He is absolutely cut out of the same material that KF is. Yes, he coaches for our instate rival. That makes it harder to have a positive vibe for him, even for me, but his decency and good character has done so for me.

He was the DC at Auburn and cleaned up Chizik's mess in Ames by (probably) taking the Clones to bowl games in his first two years, so if Alabama did have a vacancy I honestly would not doubt that Rhoads could be a serious consideration- whoops, check that. Rhoads is a bit too honest and unwilling to cheat and believes in his athletes going to school and graduating, so maybe you're right. He's not SEC material.

I have no love for the Cyclones what so ever, but it is hard for me to not like a good man like Paul Rhoads.

Fair enough, UP. You are a trustworthy person and I place a pretty high value on your opinions, so I hereby recant my Rhoads cracks.
But I still despise the clowns. ;)

Latest posts