I still think our best lineup is....

SpiderRico

PG -Gessel
SG - Marble
SF - Uthoff
PF - White
C - Oleseni

That seems to be the best combination of scoring, defense and rebounding.

Agreed. However, I do like Uthoff off the bench as he is a good option when RDM is on the bench.

I would like to see Oleseni start from here on out. I think that at this point he offers a little more to the 1st unit than Adam.

We have a lot of good lineup options. Mix it up and see what's working. I'm wondering if any of the posters on here that wouldn't even mention McCabe when talking about this season are starting to like having him around. I know I do.

Note - This is a general statement...not directed at anyone in this thread.

didn't see your post, just made about the same post. im ok with babs still, he hustles his butt off, but if Utoff continues to work off the rust, i would argue him starting. we have to settle down with playing 10/11 guys...its hurting the fluidity of this team...clemmons and woody need to spell those who need rest, and that's it.

PG -Gessel
SG - Marble
SF - Uthoff
PF - White
C - Oleseni

Dunno - we have a tone of different lineups that can work.

Olaseni plays great and he can hardly get in the game because we have so many post players.

didn't see your post, just made about the same post. im ok with babs still, he hustles his butt off, but if Utoff continues to work off the rust, i would argue him starting. we have to settle down with playing 10/11 guys...its hurting the fluidity of this team...clemmons and woody need to spell those who need rest, and that's it.

On a night we scored 98 points, it's kind of hard to make this argument.

Part of the reason for that was the complete lack of defense from both teams. It was just a track meet.

Yes, for the better part of the 70's and 80's, the absolute apex of the sport the game was wide open, a track meet and dang fun to watch.

It looked to me like we were making a concerted effort to run guys off the three point line and couldn't handle their big one on one. I'm more concerned with the defensive rebounding then I am with the defense.

it doesn't matter who starts

I am starting to disagree with this theory. Every time we start a game and a 2nd half against a team with a pulse, we get outscored. That either puts us in a hole or loses us the lead, respectively. It happened against Nova and again last night.

It looked to me like we were making a concerted effort to run guys off the three point line and couldn't handle their big one on one. I'm more concerned with the defensive rebounding then I am with the defense.

Agreed. Our team rebounding is horrible when you consider our size. Just plain horrible.

I have been really impressed with the 2nd unit when they are all 5 on the floor together. It seems like the starters have come out flat a lot of games early this year and the 2nd unit has started to come in and really provided a spark to put Iowa in the lead.

Good problem to have.

PG -Gessel
SG - Marble
SF - Uthoff
PF - White
C - Oleseni

I like this lineup quite a bit as well. The good thing is that Iowa has so many options this year that really, no matter who starts or comes off the bench, everybody is going to get PT and there isn't going to be much, if any, drop off when Fran makes substitutions. Our depth is going to be a very positive factor this year.

I really like Gabe either starting or getting the majority of minutes at the 5. Adam looked lost most of the time last night, and could do nothing to stop Sherman, although to be fair no one else wearing black shirts could, either.

Horrible? Really? We've been outrebounded by one team all year and we outrebounded ND by 10 last night? What more do you expect?

I think lightning1 was the same guy that started the thread saying that there has been no player development on Fran's watch.

Latest posts