I see Gonzaga and Baylor was called off because of COVID today.

At least four B1G teams had weekend games cancelled due to Covid cases on the opponent's teams.

At least there's no known cases among players in the conference....for now.

It’s the Zags that have issues.

No. 1 Gonzaga versus No. 2 Baylor, the most anticipated matchup of the young college basketball season, was postponed Saturday after one GU player and one traveling member who doesn’t play for the team tested positive for COVID-19.

The Gonzaga player who tested positive did not play in Wednesday’s win over No. 11 West Virginia.

Gonzaga has been hit hard by COVID-19 issues on its first road trip of the season. One player and one staff member tested positive and one player and two members of the travel party identified through contact tracing remained in Fort Myers, Florida, after the Zags opened the season with victories over Kansas on Nov. 26 and Auburn on Nov. 27.

Gonzaga has canceled their next 4 games (nobodies) and will resume basketball operations in time for the Iowa game.

Lets hope they are ready to play. I just hope this season won't be canceled.
It's gettin' bad. Every day now there are cancelations in both fball and bball. It's getting serious again, worse than the initial breakout, I blv.
I have a friend in Germany and I have the duty to inform him every week about the canceled games.

Very friendly reminder for everyone to not take this thread into a debate over covid response, especially if an Iowa game should happen to get cancelled. The sports forums have been supremely good about cooperating with that over the past few months, so let’s keep it that way.

Discussing how the cancellations, etc. affect scheduling and the implications it has on the season is totally fine and encouraged, but if anyone wants to throw politics in the ring or give their opinion on what the government should/shouldn’t be doing you’re gettin’ the hammer.

There’s a forum dedicated solely for that stuff and that discussion is welcomed there. I know it’s tempting to throw your two cents in because everyone has an emotional opinion on the subject (including me) but don’t do it. If a thought on the subject pops into your head, resist the urge and go start a thread in the OT forum. I guarantee you it will get some lively discussion over there.

Thanks a bazillion and go Hawks.

Last edited:

Latest posts