I propose two "factions" for Thursday in predicting. Or call this a "poll"

hawkeyebob62

Pick one of two ways we lose:

1) Down 10+ at half, fall as much as 15 down, furious comeback that falls oh-so-short
2) Up single digits at half, gradually lose lead then fall behind, then comedy of errors to lose at the end

You can only pick one!

(I will go with Option 2)

We will know by the first media timeout. If we have 6 points, or we are lighting it up but the are getting easy baskets, we will lose. If we are locking down on defense (relatively speaking) and are actually hitting shots, we will win. It will be obvious by the first timeout.

Option 3.....Dead on Arrival. Get blown out in the first half and don't do anything to change it in the 2nd half.

I'm torn between Option 1 and 3.

I'm 99% percent confident of a very short stay in the BTT though. Hope I'm wrong but......

As a side note, finally pleased to see the team is off twitter (at least for this year, hopefully this is the norm moving forward) but the fact they had to make announcement about this, this late into the game, what does that tell you about their mental toughness again? Not very good to me.

We will know by the first media timeout. If we have 6 points, or we are lighting it up but the are getting easy baskets, we will lose. If we are locking down on defense (relatively speaking) and are actually hitting shots, we will win. It will be obvious by the first timeout.

This. If Iowa brings the passion, I think they'll win. As you said, it should be obvious pretty early whether that's the case or not.

So if they lose, I think the OP's option #1 will be closer to the truth.

Another thing to predict - which player from ILL/NW will have a career game and/or come out of a shooting slump tomorrow.

I think we get Illinois Thursday and they will flat out dog our guards. Our inability to take advantage of getting overplayed will lead to long shot clocks and forced up shots with time winding down on the shot clock. Couple that with minimal defense from us and I see about a 7 point loss. One and done Fran.