I Like Barkley Hill

Rocky21

I like this kid already after reading a comment (highlighted in bold) he gave in the following Gazette story below

It’s Iowa running back, where everyone is in play | TheGazette

“Those were unfortunate situations where people didn’t make the best decisions,” said Hill, a 6-foot 210-pounder who wants to be 215 or 220 pounds before fall camp. “Just stay out of trouble and move on.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I like him to but mostly because he switched his commitment so late and gave the proverbial middle finger to the clowns.

His body type reminds me of Ladell Betts. If he has half the rushing yards for his career that Betts had all in all his career will be a success.

Hill is a good back, saw him play several times during his career @ CFHS I really hope he transitions well to the college game, he seemed to have more escapability and break away speed as a soph but as he got bigger looked to get up field more and pound it out. Hopefully his knee heals up quickly and he can pile up some yards for us.

Hill is a good back, saw him play several times during his career @ CFHS I really hope he transitions well to the college game, he seemed to have more escapability and break away speed as a soph but as he got bigger looked to get up field more and pound it out. Hopefully his knee heals up quickly and he can pile up some yards for us.

I think his knee has been 100% for some time.

I would love to hear Hawk fans' opinions on him had he switched to ISU at the last moment. hehe.

I am hoping Garmon comes in looking like a Marcus Allen type.

Well, from what I have seen on film, he has Barry Sander's feet, Bo Jackson's strength, and Emmett Smith's vision. A friend of mine who knows his high school coach says he literally lives in the workout facility at school, in a tent under his locker, and only stops lifting to east protein shakes and study astro-physics.

I would love to hear Hawk fans' opinions on him had he switched to ISU at the last moment. hehe.

likewise the clownie opinion on him when he moved. i seem to remember clownie fan describing him as being scared of the clownie rb depth situation.......

Wouldn't call it "scared" of the ISU running back situation but it is no secret that there will be a lot less in front of him at Iowa.
Just hope that AIRBHG does not take a liking to him.

Ankle you always have such classy sounding posts.

Well, from what I have seen on film, he has Barry Sander's feet, Bo Jackson's strength, and Emmett Smith's vision. A friend of mine who knows his high school coach says he literally lives in the workout facility at school, in a tent under his locker, and only stops lifting to east protein shakes and study astro-physics.

You had me up to astro-physics.

The last RB we had who was into astro-physics didn't pan out too well. I'd be all for Underwater Basket Weaving as long as he stays healthy and out of trouble!

His body type reminds me of Ladell Betts. If he has half the rushing yards for his career that Betts had all in all his career will be a success.

i agree i hope your right. I think garmon has some sedrick shaw type of style to his game. It'd be a nice combo for sure.

likewise the clownie opinion on him when he moved. i seem to remember clownie fan describing him as being scared of the clownie rb depth situation.......

Well as of now he only has to beat out a total of 99 yards of production from last year.

Best of luck to him though. I root for Iowa kids and honestly it didn't bother me in the least. Of course I don't get into football recruiting all that much.

I was just laughing because any fanbase would do it. There are a lot of ISU fans that got really upset with his decision. It's just funny how fine the line is between a traitorous dog and a pretty nice guy. It just amuses me is all.

Wouldn't call it "scared" of the ISU running back situation but it is no secret that there will be a lot less in front of him at Iowa.
Just hope that AIRBHG does not take a liking to him.

Ankle you always have such classy sounding posts.

Get real...the only way that happens is if he switches positions...and even then he'd have to go into the witness protection program AND redshirt for a season...it also wouldn't hurt to convert religions (no matter what his is currently) just to be "safe"...

Latest posts