I hope we pull out of Insight Bowl

I0WA

With all these misconducts by our players what makes them worthy of going on a vacation in Arizona? Winning 7 games? No. Instead of putting their team 1st they made selfish decisions. IMO I don't care if they went undefeated, they don't even deserve to play in the National Championship or the Insight Bowl. I feel sorry for all the seniors but the team is a WHOLE and when one messes up the team is also punished. DJK knew what he was doing but chose to not think about his team mates and thats disturbing. It would show a lot of poise and character if KF pulled out of this game because NO ONE on this team deserves to play in a bowl game because they are a TEAM and a TEAM is one, not just individuals.

And when someone at your work messes up, I hope you all get fired. You don't deserve to get paid and blah blah blah. You really think it's fair to the ones that followed the rules not to be able to go to a bowl game?

My guess is that the ones that screwed up will not be taking any sort of vacation to Arizona unless it is on their own dime!

With all these misconducts by our players what makes them worthy of going on a vacation in Arizona? Winning 7 games? No. Instead of putting their team 1st they made selfish decisions. IMO I don't care if they went undefeated, they don't even deserve to play in the National Championship or the Insight Bowl. I feel sorry for all the seniors but the team is a WHOLE and when one messes up the team is also punished. DJK knew what he was doing but chose to not think about his team mates and thats disturbing. It would show a lot of poise and character if KF pulled out of this game because NO ONE on this team deserves to play in a bowl game because they are a TEAM and a TEAM is one, not just individuals.

What a stupid post. Yeah, that's really fair to everyone, to punish them for the misdeeds of a few. I'll bet that sends a great message to recruits. I bet kids will be dying to play for a coach with this policy.

Some of you peope need to step away from the keyboards, because you're getting worked up and getting stupid all over the place.

This is a dumb post. These kids work year-round to play football. They practice hours a day during the season. They watch film, they get injured. They do early morning strength and conditioning all year. They also go to school. They have to put with endless rumors.

I'm not saying there aren't perks to playing football. But people don't appreciate how much players have to sacrifice to play Big 10 football. People get so angry when Iowa loses a game, and all fans do is invest some money or emotional energy. It appears some kids made some poor decisions, they will suffer consequences, so be it.

You know IOWA I think you are right. I told my Dad this has to go deeper than 3-4 players and that we may end up not going...which would be incredible, but I still think it is possible. I am not going to start anything...but I heard today myself that one of our key skill positions tested positive....WOW!!!! We have not heard the end of this in my opinion. I think it is embarassing and KF has some work to do to clean this up.

Why punish the kids that do it the right way?

Amen... that's exactly what I was thinking.

Punish the bad seeds by not letting them play... Let the kids who work hard and keep thier heads on straight play the game... If we get housed, we get housed... can't punish the uninvolved though.

In some instances I can see the "punish everyone" approach working. On my highschool b-ball team, the PG screwed up big in practice and the coach told him to sit on the bench and watch as he made the rest of us run til we puked. That is an instance where I can understand this logic, but as the others have said, it is just silly to say that in this instance. If you ask me, the ones who do it the right way have already been punished severely with losses when 2 of the top 3 guys on offense have shown they don't care about their teammates during the week and that can easily turn to a few points on Saturday and that is all Iowa ever lost by.

I hope you pull your head out of your butt and rethink this post!

Good grief!

This just a plain unthoughtful thread by the OP. One, I would imagine that was written just to get a rise out of everybody. There are enough good threads on the board that do that, then to have your less than Neanderthal thoughts. Iowa is not going to pull out of a game for a few infractions from team policy and civic misdemeanors.

Latest posts