I hope the whole staff gets a bump

Very true, hadn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Ferentz takes pretty good care of his assistants and has had a quality, stable staff throughout much of his tenure. Fran put together a pretty good staff, hope he keeps them around for awhile.

Any one know if the assistant coaches got raises? Really believe this is a great staff and they deserve more money along with Fran.

I've heard rumblings that this could be Speraw's last season in Iowa City. I'm hoping that's not true because I think he's a key ingredient to the Iowa program. At the same time, I don't think anyone could blame him for going after another head coaching gig.

I'm pretty sure I read on the Siena board that Caff took care of his assistants pretty well while he was there. So my guess is he will do the same at Iowa.

Last edited:
I've heard rumblings that this could be Speraw's last season in Iowa City. I'm hoping that's not true because I think he's a key ingredient to the Iowa program. At the same time, I don't think anyone could blame him for going after another head coaching gig.

I'm pretty sure I read on the Siena board that Caff took care of his assistants pretty well while he was there. So my guess is he will do the same at Iowa.

That would be a shame to lose Speraw,as he is the last Iowa connection on the staff with Bowen gone. I think he is a good coach and would be missed. The development of these players like Basabe,White,Gatens,McCabe ect. are not by accident.

Pay them,Fran.

Latest posts