I hate being a Vikings fan

Two obvious reasons not to take Ponder at 12

1) He wouldve been there in early round 2
2) He isnt a good quarterback

I don't know what it is with Minnesota sports franchises, but they can't make a good draft pick to save their ***. Between the T Wolves and the Vikings it's a train wreck. (Chad Greenway excepted)

I don't know what it is with Minnesota sports franchises, but they can't make a good draft pick to save their ***. Between the T Wolves and the Vikings it's a train wreck. (Chad Greenway excepted)

Vikings either hit a home run or **** it up beyond belief

Home runs - Randy Moss, Greenway, Kevin Williams, McKinnie, AP, EJ Henderson

**** ups - Derrick Alexander over Sapp, Troy Williamson, Erasmus James, trading up for Tavaris Jackson

At 1st glance this looks to fall in the 2nd category

I'm a Vikings fan, and I actually like Ponder a lot. My wife went to FSU, so I've watched a lot of his games, and I think he'll translate really well to the pro game. Much better than Gabbert, IMO.

Could they have traded down and gotten him? Sure, but there's also something to be said for just taking the guy you want. Plus the Vikes have shown they have enough troubles getting in their own picks, so I don't know if I'm comfortable with them trying to make a trade. Might just be beyond their capabilities as a franchise.

The best part about this pick is that now there is very little chance the Vikings will even look at Stanzi in the middle rounds.

I don't want Stanzi to go to a team like Oakland, Minnesota, or Cinci. I don't care when he gets drafted. I just want him to go to a team in which he will have a chance. Those teams are poorly run from the top.

Christian Ponder at #12

Amazing how bad of a pick that is
You obviously know nothing about Christian Ponder? He is a very skilled athlete and probably the player with the highest IQ in the draft. He graduated from FSU in 2 and half years. He has a pretty good arm, and has great feet. I didn't see him as a top 10 player but I certainly saw him as a late 1st or a 2nd round QB. You tell me why its such a bad pick and then I will understand your comment.

You obviously know nothing about Christian Ponder? He is a very skilled athlete and probably the player with the highest IQ in the draft. He graduated from FSU in 2 and half years. He has a pretty good arm, and has great feet. I didn't see him as a top 10 player but I certainly saw him as a late 1st or a 2nd round QB. You tell me why its such a bad pick and then I will understand your comment.

The draft is all about value - why take a guy at 12 when he might be there at 44? At the very least trade down to the late 1st and get some value out of it

Its a gigantic reach/panic move by the Vikes

The draft is all about value - why take a guy at 12 when he might be there at 44? At the very least trade down to the late 1st and get some value out of it

Its a gigantic reach/panic move by the Vikes
There is no way he would have been there at 44. I also wonder if anyone was really offering anything enticing to the Vikes to move into the 12 spot.

Latest posts