I don't understand the Jack Locker love?

V

VintageHawkeye

I don't understand the Jake Locker love?

I'm watching the UCLA-UW game and it's Senior Night in Seattle and of course Jake Locker got all kinds of applause and the jackhat ESPiN crew was going bananas about him.
Why?
What's Locker ever done? Has he won anything? Has he performed above average consistently, and I just missed it because I don't live in the Pacific NW?
Seriously, what's the deal with the Locker Infatuation? He was a pre-season Heisman candidate?!?
Again, WHY??
Is he the Son of The Most Interesting Man in The World? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Measurables. Big arm, big frame, 4.5 speed...yet it doesn't seem like he's ever really lived up to all the hype, or he gets a pass because UW's football program is so bad that he doesn't have any help around him.

Measurables. Big arm, big frame, 4.5 speed...yet it doesn't seem like he's ever really lived up to all the hype, or he gets a pass because UW's football program is so bad that he doesn't have any help around him.

You're right, but...Brady Quinn, Ryan Leaf, Dan McGwire, and an endless list of other guys say 'hi'.
That's my point. Kid's done nothing. Why blow him up? It's not fair to him (Locker). The build-up (pressure) will kill any chance he might have.

You're right, but...Brady Quinn, Ryan Leaf, Dan McGwire, and an endless list of other guys say 'hi'.
That's my point. Kid's done nothing. Why blow him up? It's not fair to him (Locker). The build-up (pressure) will kill any chance he might have.

Ah, but that's the world we live in. The NFL loved those guys you mentioned too...until they actually strapped it up and started throwing to the other team/failed to catch up to the speed of the pro game.

Maybe Locker can be like John Elway...great athlete, big arm, never played on a great college team. Or maybe not.

Ah, but that's the world we live in. The NFL loved those guys you mentioned too...until they actually strapped it up and started throwing to the other team/failed to catch up to the speed of the pro game.

Maybe Locker can be like John Elway...great athlete, big arm, never played on a great college team. Or maybe not.

You're either an optimistic cynic, or a cynical optimist. :)
Either way, keep it up. :D

"They" want him to make it in the pros for one reason and one reason only...

They've already stockpiled countless references to "The Hurt Locker" for any time he may become injured...don't steal their fun!

I'm watching the UCLA-UW game and it's Senior Night in Seattle and of course Jake Locker got all kinds of applause and the jackhat ESPiN crew was going bananas about him.
Why?
What's Locker ever done? Has he won anything? Has he performed above average consistently, and I just missed it because I don't live in the Pacific NW?
Seriously, what's the deal with the Locker Infatuation? He was a pre-season Heisman candidate?!?
Again, WHY??
Is he the Son of The Most Interesting Man in The World? :confused:
***Jake Locker

Last year if Locker came out, he may have been the first player taken in the draft. This year, according to Kiper, he could POTENTIALLY fall to the late 1st-early 2nd round...think of the money he's lost by coming back for his senior season. Maybe getting selected later will help temper expectations a bit...

Last year if Locker came out, he may have been the first player taken in the draft. This year, according to Kiper, he could POTENTIALLY fall to the late 1st-early 2nd round...think of the money he's lost by coming back for his senior season. Maybe getting selected later will help temper expectations a bit...

I think that this is basically it...ESPN touted this guy a lot before the season began, and I don't believe they want to let the dream die for fear of looking stupid. Perception becomes reality.

You would have to be blind not to see his physical gifts...........even Stevie Wonder could see them. However he isn't Bradford or Matt Ryan a guy who can come in right away play and be the face of a franchise. He is still very raw, a project. Lets just say if he ends up a raidah he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Latest posts