I don't know how good this team might become...

FreddyBrown

...but I hope to God I never see an Iowa team again that is capable of playing as badly as this one plays at times. Seriously, what can you do in practice and game prep to enable a team to play such utterly horrid basketball? It generally takes effort to achieve extremes of one kind or another. Are they trying to see how badlly they can coach this team up?

If it were up to me, I'd call off the rest of the season. There is nothing to be gained. Let's get right to the postseason, so we can find out sooner rather than later whether anyone is really leaving, then we can settle in and get ready for next season, hoping that our long national nightmare will finally come to an end and we'll start winning...but more importantly, stop setting new records for utterly hideous, abysmal, we're-so-bad-we-must-be-trying-to be bad basketball.

WHEW. Okay, I feel better now. :)

...but I hope to God I never see an Iowa team again that is capable of playing as badly as this one plays at times. Seriously, what can you do in practice and game prep to enable a team to play such utterly horrid basketball? It generally takes effort to achieve extremes of one kind or another. Are they trying to see how badlly they can coach this team up?

If it were up to me, I'd call off the rest of the season. There is nothing to be gained. Let's get right to the postseason, so we can find out sooner rather than later whether anyone is really leaving, then we can settle in and get ready for next season, hoping that our long national nightmare will finally come to an end and we'll start winning...but more importantly, stop setting new records for utterly hideous, abysmal, we're-so-bad-we-must-be-trying-to be bad basketball.

WHEW. Okay, I feel better now. :)

Come on, we need one more year of Lickliter to see what he can do.

Two more losses to make it a 22 loss season. Count on it.

Eight more days and we can put an end to the season, thankfully.

Thank god this basketball season is almost done....only 2 more 20+ point losses and we can move onto football again. Hopefully Lick resigns and hope can once again return next season.

Iowa fans should be allowed to vote whether they want to watch anymore of this.

I once was a coach of girl's softball (age 11-12). Some girls needed a coach so I volunteered. The girls on my team were the worst in the league. They tried hard but I only had a couple of girls who basically had even played softball. Some coaches had the pick of the city for their team. Near the end of the season we played the best team in the league. I asked the girls whether they wanted to play the game because we knew what the outcome was going to be. They said they wanted to play but they all wanted to play different positions for the fun of it. I said sure what the heck. We knew the game was only going to be a few innings anyway.

I went to the other coach and told her our plan and asked her if she would throw an inexperienced pitcher and have fun with the game. She said no. I said, fine, as soon as the game hit 10 runs, I would throw the towel in, game over. She said I couldn't do that, and I told her to watch. I told the ump my plan, asked the girls if it was ok, they said fine. We were supposed to play a minimum of 4 innings I believe but I refused to let them humiliate my girls.

We batted first and were out quickly. All my girls played different positions and their girls started to pour it on, some even batting the opposite way and making fun. They hit 10 runs, I walked onto the field, told the ump-- game over, and we walked off the field. The other team's coach and players and parents were yelling at us to continue to play. All of us just laughed and walked off the field and went and had ice cream.

That is what should have happened tonight folks...Lickliter should have pulled the team and gone home. This wasn't even a bb game...Lickliter should have made a deal with Wisky that if they got 30 points ahead, that the game would be called!

I'm very disappointed in Lick and this team. Overall this season was embarrassing them.

If you want to see improvement, watch next year. There is no way Iowa can get worse, I don't think anywho.

Give Lick 6 more years and this team will make a tourney.

I once was a coach of girl's softball (age 11-12). Some girls needed a coach so I volunteered. The girls on my team were the worst in the league. They tried hard but I only had a couple of girls who basically had even played softball. Some coaches had the pick of the city for their team. Near the end of the season we played the best team in the league. I asked the girls whether they wanted to play the game because we knew what the outcome was going to be. They said they wanted to play but they all wanted to play different positions for the fun of it. I said sure what the heck. We knew the game was only going to be a few innings anyway.

I went to the other coach and told her our plan and asked her if she would throw an inexperienced pitcher and have fun with the game. She said no. I said, fine, as soon as the game hit 10 runs, I would throw the towel in, game over. She said I couldn't do that, and I told her to watch. I told the ump my plan, asked the girls if it was ok, they said fine. We were supposed to play a minimum of 4 innings I believe but I refused to let them humiliate my girls.

We batted first and were out quickly. All my girls played different positions and their girls started to pour it on, some even batting the opposite way and making fun. They hit 10 runs, I walked onto the field, told the ump-- game over, and we walked off the field. The other team's coach and players and parents were yelling at us to continue to play. All of us just laughed and walked off the field and went and had ice cream.

That is what should have happened tonight folks...Lickliter should have pulled the team and gone home. This wasn't even a bb game...Lickliter should have made a deal with Wisky that if they got 30 points ahead, that the game would be called!

I would never want my child playing for you.

My kid can play for you as an 11-12 year old. But I wouldn't want them playing for you in college. I've been in the exact same coaching situation that you described. It is frustrating.

The analogy you're making doesn't fit. Lick chose his players; you didn't. Kids' ball is supposed to be for development of skills and having fun so they stay with it. College ball is supposed to have enough skilled players to be respectable.

Way to go out on a limb, Freddy.

With one regular season game left and one B10 Tournament game to play and you are calling for the remainder of the season to be nixed? Where were you in early February?

Just kidding. I hear ya bro.