I can't stand Charles Barkley thread...

EddyP

Great analysis of the OSU vs PSU game. "Um, Big 10 football is contagious. This is why I'm not going to pick OSU to win the tournament. They don't have the ability to impose their will on an average team, how are they going to do it with a team that is just as good as they are."

A. Chuck, we know you hate the Big 10.

B. Ask Purdue, Wisconsin, and Florida if they can impose their will on top 20 teams. Their only losses were to Purdue and Wisky on the road(two of the toughest places to play in the country) but they beat them both by 20+ at home and blew out Florida at their place.

Yeah what do you expect from someone that played in the SEC? Charles Barkley is pretty good during the NBA halftime show but half the time you can't understand any of them up there because they are either talking over each other or laughing.

Actual college basketball analysts have said from the beginning of the season the Big10 is one of the toughest conferences. Now at the end of the season I would say the Big10 still is one of the toughest along with the BigEast.

Same thing with Dick Vitale (sp). He is soo ACC biased I won't listen to any of his games.

The Big Ten was very overrated this year.

OSU is very good, Purdue and Wisky are above average, then a bunch of hot garbage left.

This pretty much explains it all about Charles...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azs0zjoofzE]YouTube - Charles Barkley "I'm a dumbass"[/ame]

I actually like Charles. I think he's crazy and NO WAY would I hire him to be a representative for my network, but he's a good laugh.

I think he's right. The Big 10 plays slow basketball. PSU, WI, ILL all play slow basketball. OSU lacks the pure athleticism to speed teams up. Watch a Big East team they are loaded with athletes with great lateral quickness and defensive reaction and shotblocking. This can force teams to increase their offensive pace. OSU can't do this very well with Buford, Sullinger, Diebler, ect...

Good teams want more possessions in a game. Teams that aren't as good want less possessions and want to hit lots of threes. OSU is susceptible to a team that can slow the pace down, limit possessions, and hit threes. as they will have hard time to speed that team up. OSU will have to execute in the their limited possessions to beat that team.

OSU also only has one really good ballhandlers and he's a freshman. A team with athletic guards with size might give them problems as well.

Jay Bilas said it best..."Big 10 Tournament: living the chaste life. Nobody scores."

I think Dickie V had a similiar comment about the Big 10 on his twitter yesterday.

So i decided to take the scores from the big conference tourney's and average them out because I wanted to really see how low the scoring is in the Big10... Here are the numbers I came up with. Pretty sure they are all accurate. Tried to hurry because this wasn't exactly fun.

First # shows Loser AVG
Second # shows Winner AVG
Third # shows AVG of all scores

ACC
#1 59.5
#2 65.9
#3 62.7
SEC
#1 56
#2 72.9
#3 64.5
BIG12
#1 68.5
#2 77.9
#3 73.2
PAC10
#1 66.1
#2 74.5
#3 70.3
BIG EAST
#1 66
#2 78.7
#3 72.35
BIG10 (With Wis-PSU low scoring game)
#1 55.5
#2 63.9
#3 59.7
BIG10 (without Wis-PSU low scoring game)
#1 58
#2 67
#3 62.5

Is the Big10 the lowest out of them all? Yes. Is there really actually that big of a difference? Hell no. That one game of Wisconsin and PSU is why all these so called "analysts" are saying this. ACC in my book is a pretty good conference and the Big10 is on average with them without that horrific game.

Edit: for some reason it didn't put the spaces in so hopefully you can figure it out. In the meantime I'll try and set it up better.

Last edited:
New strategy this year for my bracket predictions. Is Chuck going to fill one out? If he does, I will choose the opposite. Like someone already said, turrible, turrible, college basketball analyst. Knows nothing, literally. Chuck, what do you think? Uh, the #1 seed is going to have an easy time here. I think the #2 seed or the #3 seed is going to go far here. Florida is not a #2 seed, blah, blah, blah. Dude is just horrible.

The Big Ten was very overrated this year.

OSU is very good, Purdue and Wisky are above average, then a bunch of hot garbage left.

Bullsh!t, the Big 10 is as good as any. They got 7 teams in. What, the Big 16 is great because they got 11 in? Do the math.