I attribute our recruiting momentum to:

WinOneThisCentury

Wow...12 solid commits by June. I'm thinking its a combination of factors, but most notably:
1) Changes in staff, James and Lavar have to be pretty impressive on the recruiting trail.
2) Draft track record
3) New facilities
4) KOK's Departure
5) Tasmanian Kaz's Departure
6) Doyle, Doyle, and more Doyle

Gotta love this start...I think kids now have to get on board if they have Iowa in their top 2-3...this pace is impressive.

Wow...12 solid commits by June. I'm thinking its a combination of factors, but most notably:
1) Changes in staff, James and Lavar have to be pretty impressive on the recruiting trail.
2) Draft track record
3) New facilities
4) KOK's Departure

Gotta love this start...I think kids now have to get on board if they have Iowa in their top 2-3...this pace is impressive.

QB1's hunting bears in the off season should fit in there somewhere

2) Draft track record
3) New facilities
4) KOK's Departure

Tasmanian Kaz (Made me laugh)! Just imagine him swirling around like a dervish with drool sloshing all over!

Good Football Topic

1. Draft track record & success at the next level.
2. Solid & stable program.
3. Doyle, Doyle & occasionally a bit too much Doyle.
4. New & enthusuastic staff.
5. Staff hitting the recruiting trail hard.
6. At this point Iowa's pro-style offense helps more than hurts.
7. Kaz no longer scaring away defensive linemen.
8. New Facilities.
9. Ron Zook no longer competing for Illinois recruits.

lebron winning the title.

oh my, funny, but let it go. Its time to talk hawkeye football.

The young recruiters have to come off as really hungry and ready to go.

Greg Davis's track record?

The overall draft success at most positions except rb and wr.

Do defensive recruits see PParker playing more aggressive?

I forgot one...our recruiting may be better because:

8) We've abandoned the "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy and will actually dictate to the offense what we are taking away. Hey, a guy can dream right?

I forgot one...our recruiting may be better because:

8) We've abandoned the "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy and will actually dictate to the offense what we are taking away. Hey, a guy can dream right?

I think when our "bend but don't break d" is good (2004, 2008, 2009), we dictate exactly to the offense what it can do. The defense takes away the run, takes away the big play, and dictates to the offense that it must complete 5-7 yard short passes all the way down the field without throwing incomplete passes, holding calls, interceptions, sacks, ect...

Now when the "bend but don't break d" is not good, it doesn't dictate that nearly as well. But average/poor defense never dictate anything, so that's besides the point.

You mean our sweet recruiting class that outside of one player having an offer from Nebraska... none of the others have offers from Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Penn St., or Ohio St.

Real impressive.

You mean our sweet recruiting class that outside of one player having an offer from Nebraska... none of the others have offers from Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Penn St., or Ohio St.Real impressive.

So impressive it deserves its own thread!

Latest posts