I always want Big 10 to win non-conference games

papathawki

In another thread several wanted other Big 10 teams to lose. I just can't see that. For one thing, It makes Iowa look better nationally. And that improves our recruiting chances against non-conference schools. Do we really want the Iowa State recruiters to be able to say, " Come to the Big 12, a far more prestegeous (Sp?) conference?" We recruit in Texas, Florida, the East coast, nation wide, and when our recruiters are talking to kids I want those kids to think, wow, playing in The Big 10 would be great, not who wants to play in a mediocre conference. Honestly, it may take a year or two for me to include Nebraska. A while back, for business reasons only, I had to live in Nebraska as a closet Hawkeye and that was tough. But I'll probably come along on that one too eventually.

I founds myself rooting for Neb today. weird but the B10 needs to represent better in areas besides the revenue column.

Everyone knows the B10 sucks this year anyway, regardless of who wins this game. I'm not going to cheer for a school that we recruit against to win another Rose Bowl.
Go Ducks!

The B1G is garbage when it comes to football. I only care about Iowa. Everyone else can get bent.

Obviously, HN has been invaded by morons who have no idea how CF politics work. They will continue to relish in the media saying every team in the Big 10 sucks and they will love it--but hey Iowa isn't im the Big 10 so why would this affect them?

I don't understand any Iowa fan not rooting for other B1G teams playing out of conference.:confused:

Well pay attention. Many reasons have been given.

For the record, I generally do root for most B10 teams. But I'll never root for Wiscy. Ever.

Last edited:
Obviously, HN has been invaded by morons who have no idea how CF politics work. They will continue to relish in the media saying every team in the Big 10 sucks and they will love it--but hey Iowa isn't im the Big 10 so why would this affect them?
Iowa just needs to take care of its own business on the field to get some respect, which it is not doing anymore. We have to recruit against these teams, cuz we can't do it against SEC teams. Kind of hard to do if everyone else is pulling away from you. I don't waste time listening to pundits, so not too worried about that. As for the politics, I'm not too worried about that right now, because I don't think Iowa is going to be a factor in the BCS anytime soon.

I rooted for all the B1G schools except Penn State, I was glad to see them get their butts kicked.

Latest posts