Hurting the State of Iowa

Byoung

I've said multiple times, I am a UNI fan who really roots hard for the Hawks when they play anyone but UNI.

That being said, you guys already beat us this year in BBall. Whoopdie doo. That game basically knocked us out of any chance of being in the NCAA tournament. Am I mad? No. But dear God, stop hurting the state of Iowa, Iowa.

What do I mean?

A) You knock us out of contention for the NCAA tournament.

So, Iowa and Iowa State will make the tournament, right?

WRONG.

B) You knock Iowa State out of contention for the tournament because of your RPI. Consider them the "First Four Out." Why? Because on their resume, under bad loss, will be Iowa.

C) Yourselves. I mean, you guys seriously need to win to get into the tournament. Fran has shown he can recruit but clearly he needs to get these guys in line.

Anyhow, just going to wrap up my rant by saying you guys really hurt the state of Iowa in athletics this year. The state counts on you guys to be playing football on Jan. 1st, not watching games from home. The state also counts on you guys to make the NCAA tournament, but clearly we can't do that either.

Step it up, because the tide is turning, and in the next 20 years it will no longer be a Hawkeye state if no one can count on you.

What? UNI barely counts in the state. Still like you better than ISU though. Knocking out Kansas that one year was nice.....

The first two paragraphs of this might be the dumbest thing I have ever read. I salute you.

Yeah, whatevs.

Panthers aren't good this year, and Clowns are doing okay in a bad Big XII. Don't blame the Hawks for everybody's crappy year.

Yeah, whatevs.

Panthers aren't good this year, and Clowns are doing okay in a bad Big XII. Don't blame the Hawks for everybody's crappy year.

show me some sort of analysis that has iowa as a bad loss for ISU, and gary rimas twitter doesnt count.

Seriously...an RPI of 86. That might probably won't even get us in the NIT.

Do you guys remember when we were put in some peoples bracketology?

Iowa isn't a bad loss for anybody and one game in December doesn't swing a season for any team. Uni just isn't good and Iowa State is in the tourney IMO barring a meltdown.

I've said multiple times, I am a UNI fan who really roots hard for the Hawks when they play anyone but UNI.

That being said, you guys already beat us this year in BBall. Whoopdie doo. That game basically knocked us out of any chance of being in the NCAA tournament. Am I mad? No. But dear God, stop hurting the state of Iowa, Iowa.

What do I mean?

WRONG.

B) You knock Iowa State out of contention for the tournament because of your RPI. Consider them the "First Four Out." Why? Because on their resume, under bad loss, will be Iowa.

C) Yourselves. I mean, you guys seriously need to win to get into the tournament. Fran has shown he can recruit but clearly he needs to get these guys in line.

Anyhow, just going to wrap up my rant by saying you guys really hurt the state of Iowa in athletics this year. The state counts on you guys to be playing football on Jan. 1st, not watching games from home. The state also counts on you guys to make the NCAA tournament, but clearly we can't do that either.

Step it up, because the tide is turning, and in the next 20 years it will no longer be a Hawkeye state if no one can count on you.

I apologize. I'll do my best to turn this around ASAP.

What do I mean?

WRONG.

My fault, ill work harder next time.

Seriously...an RPI of 86. That might probably won't even get us in the NIT.

Do you guys remember when we were put in some peoples bracketology?

Serious question, is RPI even relevant anymore? If so, how much? Because I don't follow all this statistical stuff that much for college hoops, and sometimes I hear people blasting RPI and calling it pointless, other times I hear people actually referencing it.

I kind of thought that the KenPom thing had taken over

Serious question, is RPI even relevant anymore? If so, how much? Because I don't follow all this statistical stuff that much for college hoops, and sometimes I hear people blasting RPI and calling it pointless, other times I hear people actually referencing it.

RPI matters a ton. KenPom is starting to take become important...eventually there will be a system where it is a mix of KenPom and RPI to decide which teams are in. But RPI, for now, > KenPom

What do I mean?

WRONG.

What a dooshbagery(sp?) post. Go back to exciting life in Cedar Falls.

What do I mean?

WRONG.

LOL good post but I'm going to guess UNI's other 10 losses will have something to do with your not making the NCAA tournament.

And ISU will be in the tournament, hell they might win the B12 this year.

What do I mean?

WRONG.

You guys are 13-11. Yet you blame the Iowa loss for "knocking UNI out of contention for the tournament"?

You might want to look at those other 10 losses. That might have something to do with it as well.

I hope it's done, because it's really a poor system. We played VT back when they were good and could score, now they can't beat anyone and thus we're getting shafted RPI-wise. The very opposite happened with Illinois beating Butler. In the RPI, who you play is worth twice as much as how you play.

I like to think Iowa is the strongest BB program in the state, and the other horrible programs are hurting the rest of us.

For your analogy to work, the best team in the state would have to be terrible...kind of like ISU football.

Latest posts