Hulu Live Going Up 5 Bucks A Month

Fryowa

Administrator
Just got an email that said the live TV plan is going up $5 in Feb, but the enhanced DVR and unlimited screens option are decreasing to $10 each. So if you have either of those options you won't notice a change.

I only have two TVs in my entire house so I only have the basic live plan.

Death by a thousand paper cuts.

Just got an email that said the live TV plan is going up $5 in Feb, but the enhanced DVR and unlimited screens option are decreasing to $10 each. So if you have either of those options you won't notice a change.

I just got the fing thing haha. Before you know it, it's gonna be the same cost as cable. It's the American way. Hopefully by that time I can just stream games to brain or something.

I just got the fing thing haha. Before you know it, it's gonna be the same cost as cable. It's the American way. Hopefully by that time I can just stream games to brain or something.
I can't beat Hulu live with my local cable company because my cable company only offers ESPN and ESPN2; any of the ESPNU or extended network games I don't get to see. Plus I like not having to go to a separate app to watch alternate ESPN/Fox/BTN games, so there's still a lot of value there for me compared to cable which was costing me like $85 a month by itself. I also like no contracts, equipment, or sales tax.

But that said, I agree that price creep is going to make it less and less attractive.

Netflix just went up too. Before long these online services will be just as bad as the cable/satellite companies. Bundle/package everything and dare you to quit.

I finally got around to Kodi and it is effing brilliant.

Netflix just went up too. Before long these online services will be just as bad as the cable/satellite companies. Bundle/package everything and dare you to quit.

Netflix I’m seriously considering getting rid of. The only thing there is it has a few shows that I like. But damn, if you have say 3 different streaming services and they all go up 5 bucks within a couple of months, that starts to be real money.

And what’s Kodi? I’m too lazy to research.

And what’s Kodi? I’m too lazy to research.

Its just an app that allows you to stream media (songs, videos, etc) on your computer or device. Doesn't sound special does it? However, what makes it really powerful is it is open source and allows 3rd party addons. So basically people create addons that allow you to watch/stream anything you want at anytime for free...tv, music, netflix, live sports, movies, ppv events...literally everything.

I watched the last UFC PPV on it and also have been watching the latest true detective on it. Pretty amazing. Its also not entirely legal so YMMV

to clarify...Kodi is completely legal and free. Its the 3rd party addons where the line can grey in a hurry

How much is Hulu live and does it come with local channels + the ESPN's + BTN?

I have YouTube TV which is good and has all of those channels but it's $40/month.

I'm a huge Netflix fan because I love good TV shows and they have an endless supply for $12/month.

My wife has an Amazon Prime account which she uses to spend my money so we also get their streaming service.

Its just an app that allows you to stream media (songs, videos, etc) on your computer or device. Doesn't sound special does it? However, what makes it really powerful is it is open source and allows 3rd party addons. So basically people create addons that allow you to watch/stream anything you want at anytime for free...tv, music, netflix, live sports, movies, ppv events...literally everything.

I watched the last UFC PPV on it and also have been watching the latest true detective on it. Pretty amazing. Its also not entirely legal so YMMV

to clarify...Kodi is completely legal and free. Its the 3rd party addons where the line can grey in a hurry
Mine takes forever to load. Have the Atomic add on. Running on Misfit. Dont know what to do.

I can't beat Hulu live with my local cable company because my cable company only offers ESPN and ESPN2; any of the ESPNU or extended network games I don't get to see. Plus I like not having to go to a separate app to watch alternate ESPN/Fox/BTN games, so there's still a lot of value there for me compared to cable which was costing me like $85 a month by itself. I also like no contracts, equipment, or sales tax.

But that said, I agree that price creep is going to make it less and less attractive.

The sales tax thing will be changing to charge based on your state eventually. Lots of online companies getting hit by states for penalties for not collecting/paying sales tax. Amazon has started to charge along with others.

The sales tax thing will be changing to charge based on your state eventually. Lots of online companies getting hit by states for penalties for not collecting/paying sales tax. Amazon has started to charge along with others.
I was more thinking along the lines of no tax on internet access where there is on cable, but until Hulu starts (if they do) it's still $2.67 that I don't have to pay, + local option tax + franchise fee.

I was more thinking along the lines of no tax on internet access where there is on cable, but until Hulu starts (if they do) it's still $2.67 that I don't have to pay, + local option tax + franchise fee.

Ah yeah I forgot about those dumb added on fees. Been with streaming for over a year now. PS Vue and Mediacom(I own the modem) 100MB internet for me.

I've seen movies on Kodi that were not even out of theaters yet, some of them poor quality but still.

I used to have it running on my Firestick, but I upgraded it so now I have to figure that all out again.

Bag Hulu Live until football season. B-ball MUCH easier to find computer streams, run an HDMI from laptop to TV, you're all set.

How do you get Kodi? I have a Roku in one room, a Firestick in another. Will I be able to do it on at least one of those?

How much is Hulu live and does it come with local channels + the ESPN's + BTN?

I have YouTube TV which is good and has all of those channels but it's $40/month.

I'm a huge Netflix fan because I love good TV shows and they have an endless supply for $12/month.

My wife has an Amazon Prime account which she uses to spend my money so we also get their streaming service.

Local depends on your location. Most locals realize they need to get on with the streaming companies, but some actually hold out. It's not a matter of "network" affiliation, it's a matter of the local affiliate being willing to agree to be broadcast by the provider.

All the streaming services will increase cost by a little. PSVue went up $5 a month a few months ago, now Hulu Live. YouTube TV will do the same within 6 months. This is to be expected as these streaming services are new and trying to figure out revenues. I can’t see them ever getting to the cost of cable or Satellite by the sheer fact they don’t have the infrastructure costs that those services do.

It is getting easier and easier to get these streams and more and more local channels are now available as well. I would think in another year or two all the TV’s sold are gonna have fire Tv, Roku, or Apple TV baked right into the TV itself. I have been streaming for a year now and could never imagine paying $100+ a month for satellite or cable again for what I can get for $40-$50 streaming.