HUGE Signing Day Surprise For Iowa!

HawkeyeShane

It's pronounced Jim "Po-Jee" not "Pogg-ee" like I thought...WHO KNEW!?!? Thanks for saving me the embarrassment Kirk!

:D

Edit: Just realized that the thread title could be a problem...

Last edited:
Did you ever have those pog things when you were younger? Like little discs or something?
My neices & nephews played with them.
It was a weird phenomenon. Around the same time as those stupid giga pets, I think.

Did you ever have those pog things when you were younger? Like little discs or something?
My neices & nephews played with them.
It was a weird phenomenon. Around the same time as those stupid giga pets, I think.

Never had them, but weren't they basically glorified milk jug caps?

I'm young enough that I collected pogs as a kid.... the stupid things we do when we're young. What a waste of time/money.

I'm young enough that I collected pogs as a kid.... the stupid things we do when we're young. What a waste of time/money.

I've always felt that way about baseball cards, but I think I'm probably in the minority.

I've always felt that way about baseball cards, but I think I'm probably in the minority.

No VH...you're not in the minority...very FEW of us ever kept them in "mint condition" so I hope we all got good use of the "flutter" noise that the 1972 Ernie Banks and the rest of them, caused in our bicycle spokes...

:(

Last edited:
I used many a baseball card with a clothes pin holding them to my bike frame to make that "hey look, I'm a motorcycle" sound from the spokes.....but never, never used my Mickey Mantle or Roger Maris ones..

I'm young enough to remember making fun of my friends that collected them. Does that count?

BTW, did you have any sweet slammers?

Latest posts