Hubbard: "perhaps" closer to home?

tweeterhawk

Perhaps I'm parsing his words too much but the "perhaps" in the following just adds to the stench surrounding Hubbard's desire to transfer: “However, at this time, I plan to work with my junior college coach and family to select another school perhaps closer to home,” said Hubbard.

Or perhaps not closer.

Apparently there are no restrictions in his release; does that mean he could go to any other B1G school or the in-state rivals? Don't tell me other B1G coaches wouldn't touch him; I'm guessing the Madison Vulture is already hovering (if he didn't have anything to do with this to begin with). There are others, too. "Hey, if pure as the wind-driven snow Iowa was willing to take a chance on the kid, why don't we?"

This stinks. I hope some scribe can ferret this out and give us the full scoop.

Last edited:
I'm guessing there is more here than meets the eye. I'm sure there were very strict stipulations when he signed. I'm guessing he broke one of those stipulations because the university knows it can't take a PR hit with him.

I'm guessing there is more here than meets the eye. I'm sure there were very strict stipulations when he signed. I'm guessing he broke one of those stipulations because the university knows it can't take a PR hit with him.

This seems like the best explanation.

Latest posts