Howe: Big Ten Hoops Power Rankings 2-4

Placing the conference teams in order as we dive into February:

LINK

The schedule definitely softens up a little bit now. No games left against your "Tier 1" teams and only 2 of the last 9 are against the "Tier 2". If the Hawks can take care of business, they can play themselves into a nice NCAA seed, maybe even sneak into the 4 seed for the BTT.

From what I see there are 4 games Iowa should win (Rutgers twice, NW at home, Indiana at home) and the rest are basically coin flips. Just winning those 4 would give Iowa a conference record of 10-10, but at this point that would be a disappointment IMO.

From what I see there are 4 games Iowa should win (Rutgers twice, NW at home, Indiana at home) and the rest are basically coin flips. Just winning those 4 would give Iowa a conference record of 10-10, but at this point that would be a disappointment IMO.

Agreed. I'm expecting 5-4 the rest of the way. Anything worse would be disappointing, anything better would be gravy.

Big week for the Badgers, who succumbed to Minnesota's length and athleticism once already this year (in Madison) then get a trip to Michigan. Two stumbles and they could be tied with us in the standings a week from today.

Maryland is looming closer all the time. I want to stomp a mudhole in that bunch after the cheap crap they pulled last year's game. I hope the players do as well but not until we take care of this week's business.

Rutgers has beaten Ohio State, Nebraska and Indiana at home. While I agree that Iowa should win that one, that's a tricky game. It's a Saturday night after five days off.

I have a pretty good feeling we lose at Rutgers. I just dont think we can make it through the year without a bad loss.

First of all...I know the Michigan win was a surprise. But you really should give us credit for it Rob. We're 6-5. Just yanking your chain a bit...

That's how I would rank them. I'm glad Indiana won at MSU. That should help our guys take them seriously...and come back down to earth a bit after the big win.

I know I'm an optimist. But I see my 12-8 prediction as being a bit conservative. With the win Friday I see 13-7 (or better) as highly likely.

Rutgers has been winning at home largely because of the caliber of teams they've played and the timing of when they have played them. I think we will lose at Wisconsin. We could lose at Ohio State or at home to Maryland...could also win both of these. The rest look like W's.

Edit - I have no idea how Indiana won at MSU. But I still don't think they are very good. I don't think they will make many outside shots. And Morgan...best or 2nd best player...is hurt.

Latest posts