Howe: Big Ten Hoops Power Rankings 1-28

Purdue is a team I cannot figure out. Who did they play in the non-con?

They just get after teams. Maybe they are peaking at the right time.

Looks about right. But Minnesota ahead of Iowa is almost certainly temporary.

I had them flip-flopped before yesterday's game. Minnesota earned it with the head to head win.

Minnesota won at Wisconsin and got beaten up at Illinois. Iowa doesn't have a signature win in the Big Ten but no bad losses. It's close.

They played a killer schedule.
I had them flip-flopped before yesterday's game. Minnesota earned it with the head to head win.

Minnesota won at Wisconsin and got beaten up at Illinois. Iowa doesn't have a signature win in the Big Ten but no bad losses. It's close.
Yep. I agree. But look at what MN has ahead of them after Illinois Wednesday.

@ PUR
WI (will want revenge)
@ MSU

It looks like they hit 6-4 and then quickly go to 6-7. And the road game at NE following the MSU game won't be much fun either...especially if they have lost 3 straight. They end the season home against PUR and @ MD.

Winning at Indiana is going to be tough.
I don't think so. They have lost 6 straight. They better win at Rutgers in their next game or it will be 8 straight when we play them. Because they play at MSU between Rutgers and us. It seems like every team struggles after the physical game against MSU. And we will have 6 days to prepare. I think that is a probable Iowa win.

Note - I have Indiana's ceiling as 7 conference wins...and they started 3-0. Ouch!

Trying to predict what is going to happen in this conference is difficult.

There will be upsets, that we know.

I don't think so. They have lost 6 straight. They better win at Rutgers in their next game or it will be 8 straight when we play them. Because they play at MSU between Rutgers and us. It seems like every team struggles after the physical game against MSU. And we will have 6 days to prepare. I think that is a probable Iowa win.

Note - I have Indiana's ceiling as 7 conference wins...and they started 3-0. Ouch!

A lot of people had the last game against Minnesota as winnable as well. Road games in the Big Ten always make me nervous.

Purdue played and lost to Virginia Tech at home, at Florida State, at Texas and at Notre Dame in their non-conference schedule.

Stick a fork in Debby
Going down to Wisky at home
Look disinterested without Copeland.
They only played 5 guys and now are down to 4. That's looking more like a win than a loss.

The Big 10 looked like a 10 bid conference 3 weeks ago. Now we look like a 7 bid conference. IN addition to NE I don't think IN or OSU are going to make it. Watching these 3 play and looking at their remaining schedules all look like they will lose at least 11 conference games.

Non B1G watching UNI meltdown to lose to Loyola 61-60. Woof = Jacobsen for the last three minutes, awful basketball.

Indiana looking like they took the F train to Jamaica Queens for some Ganga, instead of showing up at the RAC RU 66- IU 58. Rutgers 3 straight, IU loses its 7th straight.

Non B1G watching UNI meltdown to lose to Loyola 61-60. Woof = Jacobsen for the last three minutes, awful basketball.

Indiana looking like they took the F train to Jamaica Queens for some Ganga, instead of showing up at the RAC RU 66- IU 58. Rutgers 3 straight, IU loses its 7th straight.
Is this the Jacobsen that so many said was a far superior coach to Fran? Those posts haven't been popping up so much lately.

Latest posts