How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

• Total voters
PSU may just have taken control of the conference race. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are 13-4 in the B1G, riding an 11 game win streak when they come to Carver on the last day of February.

I just picked them to lose 7. That win by them that I was rooting for could easily end up costing iowa a double bye.

What’s really nice is no bubble threads, polls, etc. Barring injury we are safely in...almost certainly needing only 2 more wins.

What’s really nice is no bubble threads, polls, etc. Barring injury we are safely in...almost certainly needing only 2 more wins.

And we have Nebraska at home. 4-5 or 5-4 would be pretty solid seasons. 4-5 only requires winning out at home. 5-4 means one road win too. If we can figure out how to win on the road with some consistency, we're not out of the title race because 14-6 likely gets us there. That would require wins @Purdue, @Indiana, and @Minnesota or less likely @MSU and @ILL. Extremely difficult, but I wouldn't say impossible if we put things together.

I went 5-4. Splitting the roadies @IU and @minny, dropping the other road games. Winning out at home. It may not shake out that way (maybe win tonight and drop IU/Minny instead), but that's my best guess.

And I can live with that. I hope for better, of course.

PSU may just have taken control of the conference race. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are 13-4 in the B1G, riding an 11 game win streak when they come to Carver on the last day of February.

Will we do another "whiteout"??

Raise your hand if you would like to see Sparty have a rare February Flameout. Like the one Illinois had when Bruce Weber's days were numbered. Especially when you consider we play up there in a couple weeks.

The thing about winning on the road is we haven't really had much of a chance to prove much either way yet. We lost an early close game to michigan when they were rolling, which doesn't prove anything. We lost two games in a row with on of our best players out with injury. That proves nothing. We beat Northwestern. That proves nothing. Then we lost a hard fought game to a really good Maryland team who is undefeated at home. That doesn't prove anything either.

Earlier in the year with Bohannon, we laid a hurtin on ISU and Syracuse. Our next 3 road games aren't that much tougher than those were. We've played well in neutral games, which is fairly similar to a road game in a lot of ways. I think we are a pretty good road team that just hasn't had much of a chance to prove it yet, mostly because of the injury to CJ. Hopefully I feel the same way in about 4 hours.

The thing about winning on the road is we haven't really had much of a chance to prove much either way yet. We lost an early close game to michigan when they were rolling, which doesn't prove anything. We lost two games in a row with on of our best players out with injury. That proves nothing. We beat Northwestern. That proves nothing. Then we lost a hard fought game to a really good Maryland team who is undefeated at home. That doesn't prove anything either.

Earlier in the year with Bohannon, we laid a hurtin on ISU and Syracuse. Our next 3 road games aren't that much tougher than those were. We've played well in neutral games, which is fairly similar to a road game in a lot of ways. I think we are a pretty good road team that just hasn't had much of a chance to prove it yet, mostly because of the injury to CJ. Hopefully I feel the same way in about 4 hours.
We will begin to find out for sure pretty soon. Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota are road games this iowa team should have a chance in.

I'm not sure if you saw me or not, but I raised my hand.

DeafeningWateryCoral-size_restricted.gif

We will begin to find out for sure pretty soon. Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota are road games this iowa team should have a chance in.

We have to go 2-1 to be considered good on the road in my mind. You're right tho that this is the perfect stretch to find out.

Latest posts