How to defend Northwestern?

Make him throw incomplete passes or passes that are short of the first down marker for three consecutive plays.

I would say good for us but someone would jump all over me saying I am the anti-christ for cheering a calf strain

Don't let Nancy Everyone Wins McSoccer intimidate you. If Persa got hurt ... GOOD! Even better for the Morris, Nielsen and Alvis!!

For those hoping he's at full strength for the Hawks to get a straight-up win over NwU ... are you crazy?! Have you not seen what this guy has done to the Hawks the last 2 years? You think the mildcats put an * by the W because of Stanzi's injury?

There are 2 reasons I would ever want Persa to play against Iowa:
1) Iowa bombards him with blitz after blitz (it's the only way Iowa has any chance of defending NwU) and he takes the beating of his life because he's too gimpy to escape.

2) So Iowa can legitimately knock him out of the game rather than some flukey achilles injury incurred as he tosses the winning touchdown.

Go Hawks!!

Light up their defense. It's gonna be a shootout when we play.

You'd think that a secondary that practices against NW's passing attack everyday would be a little better.

I don't know how our defense will fair against NW (past evidence says not well), but I take some comfort in that I don't think their defense can stop our passing game either...assuming we're still playing a lot of 3-wide sets.

perhaps I'm the only one in here who feels this way, but I ain't worried about the fussy fitzies this season
persa is breakable; his backups are laugable; they have no running game; they have no defense
I'm feeling an Iowa victory in two weeks, by at least 2 TDs

perhaps I'm the only one in here who feels this way, but I ain't worried about the fussy fitzies this season
persa is breakable; his backups are laugable; they have no running game; they have no defense
I'm feeling an Iowa victory in two weeks, by at least 2 TDs

Are you drinking today?:)

Latest posts