How to build a program

deanvogs

Look at what Bruce Pearl is already doing at Auburn. He gets the gig, and he immediately makes an impact on the recruiting trail. He gets a Cinmeon Bowers to commit to freaking Auburn over Louisville, Florida St. and Memphis. Guy is Avg. a double double 13 PPG and 11.5 RPG.

Then he gets to work on the real bread and butter, the 2015 class. He has already LOI for 2 4* kids and 2 3* kids, and has another 2 4* kids verbaled.

This years team won't be that good for Pearl, but I'd bet next year he gets close to the dance, and then is a fixture in the NCAA tournament from year 3 forward. We need to get Bruce Pearl back in Iowa City.

The only way to do that is to run GarBar out on a rail....I don't see that happening any time soon as long as Sally is running things....

We're screwed!

Mason and crew would do nothing to help us get some of those recruits in. You could knock off a star from everyone of Pearls recruits at Auburn if he was at Iowa.

Mason and crew would do nothing to help us get some of those recruits in. You could knock off a star from everyone of Pearls recruits at Auburn if he was at Iowa.

I'd make a bet on that. He would simply target and SIGN (not have a bunch of near misses) guys that could get in that are as highly ranked. He has proven this time and again throughout his career.

Look at what Bruce Pearl is already doing at Auburn. He gets the gig, and he immediately makes an impact on the recruiting trail. He gets a Cinmeon Bowers to commit to freaking Auburn over Louisville, Florida St. and Memphis. Guy is Avg. a double double 13 PPG and 11.5 RPG.

Then he gets to work on the real bread and butter, the 2015 class. He has already LOI for 2 4* kids and 2 3* kids, and has another 2 4* kids verbaled.

This years team won't be that good for Pearl, but I'd bet next year he gets close to the dance, and then is a fixture in the NCAA tournament from year 3 forward. We need to get Bruce Pearl back in Iowa City.

He is never coming to Iowa City.

I'd make a bet on that. He would simply target and SIGN (not have a bunch of near misses) guys that could get in that are as highly ranked. He has proven this time and again throughout his career.

I am all for giving Pearl a shot but there has to be some macro analysis about recruiting to Iowa. Under the last 3 coaches (and Davis in spots) we have had a difficult time getting true talent to Iowa outside of a player or two. I am not sure what the answer is but I do know recruiting ability should be the number one asset that our next coach must bring over anything else and if that is Pearl, great.

Latest posts