How many Rushing yards will we have in Game 1 from each back?

clim33

I would predict as follows:

Hampton - 0 yards

Robinson - 71 yards

Wegher - 78 yards

O'Meara - 19 yards

Rogers - 30 yards

Morse - 7 yards

Chaney (Reverse) - 20 yards

Last edited:
The fullbacks will get some carries, particularly Rogers. He was itching to play last year and was preparing to play in each of the games in the second half of the season. The coaches didn't want to have to go there and made it clear to him, but he still had to be ready to step in. I really expect they will reward him in game one.

I just really hope we can get a good comfortable lead and let some of our subs get playing time. It hurt us last year that we weren't able to get Vandy some reps earlier in the season. Nothing would make me happier than a good 40 point lead in the first half against EIU.

I would predict as follows:

Hampton - 0 yards

Robinson - 71 yards

Wegher - 78 yards

O'Meara - 19 yards

Rogers - 30 yards

Morse - 7 yards

Chaney (Reverse) - 20 yards

haha... Ferentz is going to throw the reverse at EI? Dude, if we have to use that play in this game, we're in trouble.

Wegher- 98

Robinson- 70

THE PAKI- 25 (1 fumble)

Rodgers 33

Hampton- at the bar

I think Paki's days as anything other than a special teamer are over. He's had his chance(s) and now Iowa has a stable of real running backs to get game action. Wegher and Robinson for sure will play a lot. And I fully expect Rogers to get most of the rest of the carries. Will Paki get a carry or two in a blowout? Probably, but one would think the coaching staff wants to get a real game look at Rogers.

Barring injuries of course. If one or more of those 3 go down ... then I would bet Paki is next up.

Just my opinion.

Latest posts