How is LSU a 2 point underdog?

hawkeye12345

What gives?

They beat 'Bama @ 'Bama and the game is now played in their own backyard. Something is fishy, very fishy.

FGs aren't going to be the difference in this game. The total score will be somewhere in the 40s not the 15 that they combined for during the season.

Is there still a college football game to be played this year..how long has the season been over? Yawn.... college football - the best sport with absolutely the worst way to decide a championship. It is so anti-climatic.:eek:

3 or 4 missed. i think 4. also qb had a bad game and has really advanced since then.

That's such an ugly and misleading stat. People throw that out there like 'Bama should have won. All four of those kicks were from over 40 yards. Even by taking those kicks out, the two kickers on the year are a combined 2-7 from 40 yards or more. They just suck at kicking longer field goals. It wasn't like they kept biffing chip shots out there, or that they were doing something out of the ordinary. Alabama's kicking game is just not very good.

That's such an ugly and misleading stat. People throw that out there like 'Bama should have won. All four of those kicks were from over 40 yards. Even by taking those kicks out, the two kickers on the year are a combined 2-7 from 40 yards or more. They just suck at kicking longer field goals. It wasn't like they kept biffing chip shots out there, or that they were doing something out of the ordinary. Alabama's kicking game is just not very good.

The bigger point is that 4 field goals from 40-50 yards shows just how often Bama was in scoring position. If they execute better on offense they can put up points and win

I think LSU is better but if Bama wins by 10 I wont be surprised

FGs aren't going to be the difference in this game. The total score will be somewhere in the 40s not the 15 that they combined for during the season.

I can totally see this game being decided by a FG.. Just because the game could be in the 40's don't mean FG's can't be the difference.

If I was an AP voter, I would vote LSU number one no matter if they win or lose this game. There resume is so far and away better than any other team in college football already.

3 or 4 missed. i think 4. also qb had a bad game and has really advanced since then.

so if you take out those 4 they are 2 of 7 which is better than 25%. which means of those 4 we should expect 1 to be made. which would have tied the game. are you following the logic there. alabama had multiple chances. dont ever bet against nick saban with a month to prepare. probably the best defensive mind in cfb.

I have several friends in Baton Rouge and have cheered for the Tigers on their behalf for a long time (except for the bowl game which won me 10 lbs of 10-12 shrimp). I've already told them that I'm boycotting the game. I'll check the score on Tuesday morning.

The history of #1 vs. #2 is take #2 and the points. That play is over 75%. Better yet is when #1 is a DOG. Taking the points and #1 is 90%. However, the sample size is very small because it rarely happens. The games I remember are:

#1 LSU a dog at Alabama, 2011
#1 Ohio State a dog at Texas, 2006
#1 Clemson with the Fridge as a dog to the Bugeaters

However, I will WATCH this game with no bet.

DURRRR I'M KEWL GAMBLER AND I NO TEH LINEZ ON BIG GAYMES
HURRR I'M SUPER SLICK GUY DURRRRR I'LL SOO YOU IN KOURT FOR IMAGINARY THRETTS!
DERP

Latest posts